Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joggers in the hot weather

@hckynutjohn   John, joggers are glorified sweatpants.  Banded around the ankle and pull on waist. I like them but not in sweatshirt fabric.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

This thread title fooled me. I thought it would be about people (jog/run), and hot weather. I was all ready to put my novella together, and than I see others replies.

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn 

You are not the only one - I thought the same thing John.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@hckynutjohn   John, joggers are glorified sweatpants.  Banded around the ankle and pull on waist. I like them but not in sweatshirt fabric.

@MoJoV @hckynutjohn , that's pretty much how I would explain them, sweatpants with a band at the ankle instead of elastic.  

As far as being hot, I would think it would depend on the fabric used.  I don't wear joggers as I don't like the shape with the band around the ankel, although I do have a few pair of old sweatpants I'll occasionally wear around the house at night if I don't want to get dressed.  Dressed for me is normally jeans and a T-shirt.  I would think, from what little I saw of the TSV last night, that those joggers wouldn't be any hotter than the jeans I wear 99% of the time year-round.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bewise    They are the pants that are gathered on a band at the ankle.  At least half of them are sold to men.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

This thread title fooled me. I thought it would be about people (jog/run), and hot weather. I was all ready to put my novella together, and than I see others replies.

I am guessing this is some type of clothing, never heard my wife use that term, so I really can't say much. What exactly do joggers look like. Thank you,

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn   Here you go:

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Its overkill for sure.  Sometimes I get chilly at home in the AC and will put a pair on in the summer.

@Imaoldhippie   I do wear long pants in the house...A/C, too. I could never do joggers because of the elastic at ankles...even petites are too long, on me, so they balloon out like clown pants.

Honored Contributor

@bewise wrote:

Why so many joggers to sell.It's summer time they sure are selling them almost every day,personally can't imagine wearing them now.

@bewise Because people buy things they can wear year around.  At least I do.  I just bought several heavier shirts with long sleeves on clearance because I need them in a month for cooler weather. And a great denim jacket too!

I was through buying hot weather clothes a month ago.   I think most buy any time when we see something we love or need.  

Respected Contributor

@bewise Every. Single. Year at this time, the "cooler weather" clothes start showing up...that's the way retail works. It's not just QVC it's ALL retail. Clothes, seasonal decor, etc. it ALL starts being sold 2-3 months ahead of time...and has for many, many years.

Esteemed Contributor

@alliswell 

Thank you for the pictures.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

They sell them everyday because they have a glut of them and they have to get rid of them.  They don't care when we choose to wear them and why do you assume women are incapable of making clothing choices for the weather?  All of the leggings and joggers I have purchased since June are for Fall and Winter.  I plan to wear the joggers to lounge in or as pj's on those cold winter nights.  Obviously no one is going to wear jersey joggers on a 102 degree day.