Contributor

To  Jayne Brown:  Jayne  I enjoy you as a host except when you  scold a guest.  Yesterday you said to the presenter, "Are you talking over me?"    Even sitting at home I  cringed and the presenter held her head down like a school child.   Granted I live in the South, but go easy on those not as used to being on tv as you are.  Otherwise,   keep up the grea work.

Respected Contributor

Oh geez, is that implying southern ladies are more genteel than others? Sorry, my in laws are southern. Not buying that.

Honored Contributor

Jayne isn't going to see this here, go to her FB page and post it there.  If you dare.

Honored Contributor

It was obviously a joke.

Honored Contributor

@junebug217 -

I didn't see it but I bet that is Jane's sense of humor, and the vendor going along-I can just hear her saying that.I think she was joking.

I would have laughed.

Southern ladies can be just as rude as we southern ladies all know!-half southern, half northern)

"Bless your heart"

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Contributor

I wasn't  inplying anything.  It may be that listeners all over picked up on  Jaynes' remarks.  I have traveled all over the place and you are right,  there are polite people all over. 

Contributor

You are so right.  I know a lot of people who are plain spoken.  Perhaps I didn't say that Jayne is one of my favorites.  She IS very funny and personable.  I didn't mean to sound, as we say in Georgia, ugly!  Everyone have a good day and forgive me for stirring up bad feelings.

Occasional Contributor

I agree with the OP~ Jayne is an excellent host. I love her presentation skills and since she has shared she was once a buyer, it is easy to see that she brings a strong knowledge of craftsmanship. But as a long-time viewer I have watched her many times tease with a VERY heavy hand- in a passive-aggressive way.   I think she’s a little bit of a bully – because she tends to do this to guests and even other hosts who obviously cannot or will not fight back.

Occasional Contributor

I agree with the OP~ Jayne is an excellent host. I love her presentation skills and since she has shared she was once a buyer, it is easy to see that she brings a strong knowledge of craftsmanship. But as a long-time viewer I have watched her many times tease with a VERY heavy hand- in a passive-aggressive way.   I think she’s a little bit of a bully – because she tends to do this to guests (and even other hosts) who obviously cannot or will not fight back.

Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Jayne isn't going to see this here, go to her FB page and post it there.  If you dare.

Better chance for for her to see it there I agree!