Honored Contributor

Re: January 2023 Bird's Nest: Ringin' in the New Year

@Bird mama 

All I have to say is, "Whew!"  😆

Honored Contributor

@geezerette  some days nothing happens and some days everything under the sun happens.  I was so emotionally drained on Wednesday I decided to squeeze the grocery shopping into the schedule after I put my birds to bed.  I left the house at around 9:20 pm and was unpacking items in my kitchen by 10 pm.  I was determined to start Thursday morning in a calm and easygoing state of mind.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama   Are you on septic?  I think the storm with so much rain caused my septic to rumble like crazy, hope I don't have a huge problem when the rain stops.

DH tested positive today for covid.  I convinced him to go to Riteaid and get a home test as he has been coughing and sounding as if he has a cold, because he never wears a mask though I nag him all the time to wear one, just hope I don't get it.  I told him he has to wear a mask in the house as not only I can get covid, the dogs could also.

It never rains but that it pours certainly applies to your Wednesday.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

I don't know what to say regarding all your plumbing problems. Our neighbor who lives right next door had water back up when he returned from his Christmas holiday. The main floor was full of water. Everything had to go and he was running a sump pump all night. It was horrific! 

I feel for you with all the decisions you have to deal with. I hope you have a good weekend.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  Wowsa you had a lot going on but you plowed right through it .Good for you. Hope things stay calm now. Hope your weekend goes smoothly.

Trusted Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl   I'm not on a septic system.  We have cast iron sanitary and flood lines that run from under our houses out to the city sewage system.  Considering the silver maple's root structure in my front yard, I think it's a miracle I went 13 years between needing to call a plumber.  I keep all household paperwork and the last time I had the drain snaked was September 2009.  

I'm sorry to read that your husband has covid, especially as a cancer patient.  I hope he respects your wishes to wear a mask so he doesn't spread it around the household.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Sorry to hear you husband has Covid.  I hope it stays mild.

And that you (and the dogs) don't get it.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

You mean you went out grocery shopping that late at night after that horrendous day you had?!

Sometimes you amaze me.🤩

Honored Contributor

Sure did Woman Very Happy @geezerette   My list was small, the store is under 2 miles from my house and there weren't a lot of people.