Honored Contributor

Re: January 2023 Bird's Nest: Ringin' in the New Year

@Leeny   I'm knocking on wood as I write this because I don't want to jinx myself.  For me personally I think there was a connection between marital relations (ha ha ha) and UTIs because I got most of them when my husband was alive.  I can't believe I just wrote that. 

The UTI in 2008 shocked the heck outta me and I'm not sure what caused that one.  I've always been a water drinker and I shoot for 3 liters of plain water daily.  Here's the thing - you would think with all of the water that I drink throughout the day I visit the bathroom non-stop or can't sleep through the night.  Not so - I think my body requires a lot of fluid to function.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

May be a cartoon of text that says 'vroom vroom Weekend page Ephémeride Seasonal Calendar'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of prairie gentian and text that says 'January 20 Posted y The skylark's dream'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird

Honored Contributor

hey all

not to much today

bedding today,dh took to laudramat got that done,all folded and put away.dh went south of us and picked up grandson for the day. i guess lunch grandson just ate and ate and ate.he is a growing boy (9yrs old)LOL

very cloudy,dank,dreary day here. not much else. later guys

Honored Contributor

I bought 2 new tires for my car on Thursday.  These are the original tires that came with the car and they are 5 1/2 years old.  In 2019 I had a rapid decline in air pressure on the way to grocery shopping (short distance).  Lucky for me the Discount Tire is right by where I shop so I took the car in.  Turns out a nail or scr*w was in the tire and they fixed it and did something with the valve stem.  No cost and grateful to be a longstanding Discount Tire customer.  Well, I started getting the low pressue light on the dashboard right before Christmas and I topped off the air with the compressor I keep in my garage. 

When I got the warning again after Christmas I thought maybe the cold temps of bomb cyclone Elliott had something to do with it.  I topped off all tires and photographed the display on my dashboard.  When I went shopping after New Year the tire pressure was holding.

Well, last week the light came back on and I said, that's it.  I have little patience with recurring issues like this.  Made an early morning appointment with Discount Tire and drove the car in.  I got there early so I read up on tires in my car.  I was not aware that the NHTSA and industry folks recommend replacing tires between 6 and 10 years of age (they argue about the exact age).

I decided then and there to just replace the 2 rear tires first.  I'll get the other two in a couple of months.

I was going to age out before I ever hit the warranted mileage and I feel better it's done.

We got snow for a couple of hours this morning and I just shoveled.  Even though it was the kind of wet snow that clings to plant life, there wasn't enough of it to be burdensome.

Then again, I use a snow joe polycarbonate shovel that I ordered directly from snow joe.  My sister and I love that model of shovel (I bought 2 for her and 2 for me).  I wouldn't have known about lift assist shovels if it hadn't been for a TSV offered by the Q years ago.

Honored Contributor

hello all

well rain has come again. got in my afternoon walk before I got to wet,had my raincoat on.

not to cold but still that very damp chill in the air. have house prepped for clean tomorrow living/dining room. 

making up boneless porkchops for dinner in slow cooker. dh had a great receipe he uses delicious. simmering up bake taters as our side.

not much else.later guys.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  are you okay?

Honored Contributor

hello all

really not much new here

finally have sun today with a good breeze out of nor'west so it is might bit chilly today. 

did get chores done and walk done

have clothes to fold. really not much else

nurse lady is coming today with her supervisor she is being judged on how her techniques are being done and she i doing all a-ok.

not much else.later guys.

Honored Contributor

We have sunshine today too @viva923   It's been so cloudy and dreary lately and we're expecting snow tomorrow so I'm enjoying the sun.