Esteemed Contributor

Re: January 2023 Bird's Nest: Ringin' in the New Year

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama   Glad you tried the sparkling grape juice. I've bought the white for years to serve at Christmas, it's my older Granddaughter's favorite.

Happy New Year! 
           🥂 🍷 🍹

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I joined in on this thread and another (now retired) thread called Back Fence long after each was started.  If I understand it correctly, the Back Fence thread was more of a get together, chew the fat and talk about life while the Bird's Nest was more bird and nature oriented.  After awhile there was a lot of cross posting between threads so chewing the fat became common on both. Woman Very Happy  We're still animal lovers here - all kinds - and we talk about life when the spirit moves us. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

I am just checking in and letting you all know I am still kicking.

We have a lot of nasty weather heading our way. Snow, sleet, icy mix and rain. Take your pick, I don't like any of it. 

It doesn't look like I will be getting to the Y tomorrow if it gets as bad as they say. DH has "another" lab tomorrow so I pray that it won't be terribly nasty in the morning.

All the sparrows by our house are hiding in the cedar trees. I think the other day they thought spring was coming when it hit 40 degrees they were singing up a storm.. Now the storm is coming and they won't like it.

Respected Contributor

@meallen616 

Thank You for the nice Birthday wishes Woman Happy

Now, I can work on this coming years birthday. ahhhh.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Happy New Year to you too~~~~Woman Happy

@Shanus wrote:

@Bird mama   I've never been quite sure after all these years what the Bird's Nest was. I figured posting pics of birds, etc. Is it jusy a way to check in about the day, week, etc.? 

BTW, Happy New Year to everyone....

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

I will have to pick up some of that sparkling grape juice. I bet my GS would even like that Woman HappyHeart

Respected Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for not getting back here from when  I last posted.  I am having a lot of trouble with my hands and fingers and they are both very painful.  I am thinking it has something to do with the nerve blockers they gave me when I had my surgery but I may be wrong.  I can barely write or do anything with them.  Again sorry for not posting as often as I would like to.

I jumped on here to wieh everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

The weather here has been extremly warm and the bears are still out and destroying our feeders.  We have lot of birds including bluebirds amd since I can barely use my hands and fingers I enjoy watching all the birds at our feeders.  We have a lot of Juncos this year......mine and possums favorites!!!

Once I get taken care of and find out what I have and get it taken care of I will post again!!!

I miss all of you and posting here!  Take care everyone!!!

Again "Happy New Year"

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

very cloudy outside, no wind what so ever,

damp

feels like rain see if rain does come

did my normal chores

did morn walk clothes ready for folding

OH i know what i forgot, i just opened up a box of tide with oxy wow,that laundry powder has a great scent and man does it clean.

not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

It's good to see ya @luvsbulldogs  My wildlife is confused too with the springlike weather.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise