Re: January 2020 - New Year Dawning at the Bird's Nest

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

50 Happy Saturday Images & Quotes To Share

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone,

Yesterday ( Friday ) was my husbands birthday.  Instead of going out to dinner like we often do our daughter decided to cook a  nice dinner for him.  She made a wonderful seafood soup along with a flank steak, mashed potatoes and 2 desserts.  All was good and husband loved it all. 

Yesterday, Friday, we reached a temperature of 14 during the day and tonight it is in the single digits.  With the wind chill it was 10 degrees colder.  We are expecting more of the same on Saturday night into Sunday morning.  We are expecting 4 to 8 in. of snow.  I am good with that as long as there is no ice or freezing rain. 

Yesterday I had a doctors appointment to finally find out what is going on with my leg.  My appointment was late in the day and when I walked into the office there was no one there.   I had a bad feeling and asked if anyone was there during the day that has the flu and one of the doctors said yes and she is here right now.  She was standing where I was 5 minutes before I arrived.  They all know that since starting the Entyvio that I have no immune system.  They immediately told me to put a mask on, which I did, and to stand on the other side of the room and to not touch or sit on anything.  They got me right into a room.  So I was exposed to the flu!  They disinfected the scale and after she left they did the room.  So now I wait for up to 4 days to see if I catch the flu. 

After seeing the doctor she decided to send me to PT for dry needling.  They are right next door.  I decided to go there instead of the usual PT place that I have been going to for over 17 years because they share a waiting room with urgent care and with the flu going around I was against it.  So now I am scheduled for that.  Today I realized that my doctor was correct in that it is coming from my back and that cannot be fixed so we shall see. 

Birds were here most of the day due to the cold temperatures.  The pair of cardinals arrived along with a variety of other birds.  We had about 2 to 3 inches of snow on Thursday night so we also put out seeds on top of the snow for all to eat. 

Stay warm, dry and safe all!!

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here.

no snow as of yet, waiting for whatever,looks like we will be on the warmish end of the storm,

then we begun unpacking the stove/oven of pots/pans and began putting boxes in the living room and my black & decker shelf unit for easier moving on tuesday.

not much else guys, will check in later.