Honored Contributor

Re: January 2020 - New Year Dawning at the Bird's Nest

Honored Contributor

Dr. Pokey gave him a huge steroid shot in his foot and he has to wear a boot till Oct. Indy thinks he is a therapy dog. Poor Dad. Good thing though…the Daddy Leg Lounge (recliner) is open all day long. ~ Indy and Lucy September 1, 2017 Houston Mom had to visit MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX for her August check up. Our visit was a week before the arrival of Hurricane Harvey. We overnighted in Dallas on the way down. Dad’s foot was hurting so we just had dinner and went to Three

@Winifred 

Winifred,   That's awesome that you go to the gym and did get some treadmill time in.   I don't like exercise,  sports are my go to activity though I  don't 'go to' much anymore.   I could swim, go biking,  play basketball, racquetball, etc for hours and love it, but even 5 minutes on a treadmill or exercise bike, yuk!!    Roller blading, would love it, but now,  I'd fall flat on my face, same with some of my other favorites.   I know I've said it before, but Charlie said I was an 'accident waiting to happen'  or I was as graceful as a "one legged kangaroo on a grease spot''.    Guess I have to admit he may have been right. 

It's cold here, did get above freezing today and my car doors thawed out, but it's only 35 now.  Will warm up to 40ies or low 50ies till midweek and then cold weather and more snow.  Love the snow part.    Keep warm and pet the kitties for me.  I hope they are doing ok!! Cat Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: snow, sky and outdoor

Honored Contributor

This is one of my attempts to get a lot of the Cardinals in a photo yesterday.   Not very close, but if I get much closer,  they fly.   As it is, they come and go like crazy.   Very aware of their vulnerability out there in the open.   The hawks come whether I'm out there or not. 

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone,

We are back to the freezing temps and tonight we had freezing rain......don't like that!  Three days and nights this week we are to have snow.....love that!

Birds are back and eating at all our feeders and on the ground.  Love watching them.

@Bird mama 

I hear you about falling.  My biggest fear is falling and breaking a hip or knee.  When we have ice on the ground I walk very slow and carefully!

Be careful out there and take it slow!

@possummink 

Ahhhh the piggy pics are adorable!!!  Thanks for posting them!  I love all the pics that you post. I love the ones of your cardinals.  I have never seen so many in one place.  The week of Christmas we had a pair of cardinals frequenting the feeders but once again they disappeared. 

@Winifred 

Went through the town common the other day and there was a woman walking an adorable Scotty.  Haven't seen one of them in years.  Our neighbor had one and his name was Jack and he was a great dog.  One day I was driving home and was about 1 mile from our house and I see this Scotty walking along the edge of the highway.  I honestly thought it was Jack so I turned around and went back and opened my car door and called him and he got right into my car.  I brought him to my neighbors house and Jack was home taking a nap.  Back I go with someone's dog to the place where I found him but not wanting to leave him on the highway.  Thank goodness there was a man out walking around so I stopped and asked him if I had his dog and he said yes.  I told him the story and he laughed.  To think that I could have probably been arrested for dog napping! If that man had not been out there I probably would have taken him to the police station and told them what had happened. 

Take care everyone and stay warm, safe and dry!

Honored Contributor

@Winifred   Freddie 15 minutes on the treadmill is fantastic.  I'm 57, don't have cancer and am lucky if I can rebound on that trampoline thing on the pilates reformer for 15 minutes.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, Freddie.  That is wonderful.   I've been noticing lately that it's hard for my brain to tell my feet to lift. Strange I know.  I think I need a new battery up there.  

another grey day here but it's I. The 30s so not so cold. Saving cold for the weekend.  

went to Costco yesterday because the wire in my hearing aid bud looked like it had broken right off. Oh no, I didn't want to buy a new pair right now and the Ones I have are deep red and they don't make them in colors any more.  Turns out it had just pulled out.  The gal said it happens all the time.  Mine have never come out before. Anyway she fixed them, cleaned them up and put new batteries In And I was good to go.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

wheels are picking up steam

dh found home depot rents out those heavy duty hand dolly carts for lifting up heavy duty appliances and such to move them. even found another possible person to help us out with moving these appliances. one contractor said yes to job, give a 2 day lead time when things fall into place.

not much else raining, wet,cold,damp and plain awful today.

ok guys later.