Honored Contributor

Re: January 2020 - New Year Dawning at the Bird's Nest

Have a wonderful Wednesday

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Freddie @Winifred   I went with the regular Rubbermaid because they don't make my favorite rubbermaid lock it containers any more.

Image result for rubbermaid lock its

Rubbermaid introduced something sort of similar called their Brilliance line that looks like this

Image result for rubbermaid brilliance

One of the tall containers is $22 in stores around me.  I read lots of reviews since I think they are expensive and folks say these are great for 6 months and then they either crack or the seal goes bad.  I went with the rubbermaid ones that I included a picture of.  I have some of those kinds already and they were like $5.50 a pop on special at Meijer's.  Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

I have rubbermaid store containers and such. majority of my storage is tupperware. use to sell tupperware back in the 70's. we were lived (overseas) you had to have tupperware for the huge bugs that lived in the house with you.

dh went to doctor for his back today. xrays taken. dh is on a some kind of prescription ointment to rub on back 4x;'s a day. sure hope this does the trick, he can barely move without hurting.

floor was measured for new flooring, numbers will be crunched to see how much this will cost me. now we have to move all this stuff washer/dryer/fridge/stove.

ok guys will check in later.

Respected Contributor

@viva923  I hope your DH gets some relief from that ointment for his back.It's just harder as you get older to heal.You can't do things like you used to.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

I like the Rubbermaid ones that you chose.  I hope they work out for you.

I always buy Rubbermaid containers but the ones that I have used for years are no longer made.  I also have started switching over to the glass ones with the rubber lids.  I like them for use in storing in the fridge and then warming foods up in the microwave.  Let us know how yours work out for you. 

Bitter cold here today and tonight!  We bought some freeze dried I think mealy worms that folks feed chickens with and put them out in a feeder tray and hung it and we now have a group of bluebirds coming daily.  

@Bird mama 

How is your feathered family all doing?  How is Finely doing with the egg situation?    

@possummink 

I read that you are not feeling good?  I hope that you are feeling better!

Take care everyone!

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs  my feathered family is doing well and I thank you for asking.

Finley lays two eggs roughly once a month.  Here's an example of how it usually goes based on the records I've been keeping:

Lay egg #1 on Jan 1

Lay egg #2 on Jan 3

Sit the eggs, abandon eggs, court with Grayson

Lay egg #1 on Jan 28th or 29th

Lay egg #2 on Jan 30th or 31st

Each egg is boiled within 24 hours of being laid.  She and Grayson sit boiled eggs or enamel covered wooden eggs.  I'm not 100% sure Grayson is fertilizing the eggs based on what I've been observing over the last couple of months.  A female bird can lay eggs without them being fertilized if the bird perceives another bird or human as a mate.  Of course, I don't follow them around 100% when they are courting.

My priority is to keep Presto, Grayson and Finley happy and healthy and so far, so good.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

really not to much here today.

mighty chilly here. that wind is very nippy. had to really bundle myself up for my morn walk.

chores done, dh did grocery shop done. he has to go out this afternoon forgot a couple items on the list.

going to catch up on some of t.v. programming i have dvr'ed. this afternoon.

dh goes back to work tomorrow, he will be gone for 3 days .

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hey

just a quick zoom by tonight.

doing left overs for dinner.  Got afternoon walk in.

not much else for now. Later guys

Honored Contributor

Hi Birding Friends,   We are in for a bucketload of rain, up to 4 inches in the next 24 hours and on Saturday more rain then maybe, (hopefully to me) some snow.  

Luvs,  I started the shingles vaccines over again yesterday.    I had a shot several years ago but apparently those shots were not very effective and so my doctor(PC) recommended the new series.  I got the first one yesterday, and have the very sore arm to go along with it.  The pharmacist told me it'd be quite sore and he was right on.  I also got a tetanus booster that included pertussis and diphtheria shots too.   Not sure why I needed those two extra's but that's what the doctor wanted.  

Today I saw my eye doctor and got an excellent report.  Perfect vision for which I am very grateful.   No signs of macular degeneration, no sign of glaucoma, and no need for prescription glasses.    To me that's a major blessing for sure.  I apprecite my sight so much especially since my dad became blind when he was in his early 60ies.     I don't have to see that doctor till next year.  

We may be getting some single digit weather next week, with highs only in the teens.   I prefer snow if it's going to be that cold, as it helps insulate the plants under it.    Keep warm and safe.Heart, Everyone!!!  

Honored Contributor