Honored Contributor

Re: January 2018 Bird's Nest - Ringing in the New Year

#Red Bird Retreat #cardinals #bird feeders

Honored Contributor

It's Friday!

Respected Contributor

Some great pictures of Cardinals - and love the pix of the sleeping piggies. Cute as can be.

Kids are still coughing. Ricky was almost over it and boom, came back with a bang. The little girl is doing better but she is still not on top of the world. Am hoping I do not have to take Ricky back to the MD - but I may. So many are very ill with that viral infection - no meds other than cough syrup and some Tylenol if they do not feel good. This thing has hit everyone - of all ages. I am trying desperately to not get it as I have COPD and it would be miserable. \\

Have a good day one and all.

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

Beautiful photos of real snowflakes captured using macro lens

Wow,  Mousie, an earthquake, make it unanimous, I'll take the cold rather than an earthquake.   They scare the tar out of me.   We have had them as the New Madrid fault line is about 125 miles south of here.  It's a dangerous fault line for sure.  

I'm sorry about DH's sciatica acting up.  Did the possibility of epidural steroid injections come up?   I've had them, some of the worst shots ever, I think,  but they do work for some people.   My disc wasn't helped.  I hope your DH gets past this pain soon.   Such a debilitating thing.  Everything hurts when your back is bad. Cat Sad 

@possummink  It is DH's foot running up his leg, his back isn't involved, can't imagine if it were too.  He has never missed work even when he has a very bad virus, and he also has a cold, so the bed rest has done some good.

He said he has a chiropractor that cured it before, also a therapist, both in SF, but in order to get back to work, he has to find one around here, hopefully he will receive a referral today.

I think shots are the last resort?  We have an ancient sofa, hated it the day it arrived from the store, but now, it is very difficult to get off of as it sinks, have been planning to get rid of it every year for decades, this year that it my goal, and DH blames sitting there during the holidays, really on one day each week, for causing this, not sure, but it probably exacerbated the situation.  I read a post in the forums that said to sit on a hard chair, so he has been doing that.

Earthquakes scare me also, lived through two extremely bad earthquakes.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@possummink  DH moved into DD's room during this episode, and decided last night that a new mattress is needed.  I told him to research and find what he wants and order it, he tried to get me to do it and I did try, but there are thousands of mattresses, lol, so told him to get going.

The next I heard, he bought one and tried to set up delivery between 6:00pm and 10:00pm tonight, told him No WAY, and to make it for tomorrow.  So, today instead of happily making my green soup, I have to go around making sure there is a clear path from the rec room up the stairs and to the bedroom, not so easy at this time of year, had to move many things out of DD's room since DH is on the floor, lol.

By the way, he did use SportsGel, but he didn't tell me so he got a teeny bit out of an old tube, so of course that didn't do anything, so gave him a new one but by then, he was slathering on the Blue Emu, what a disaster, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  In his defense, lol, since I've only had mild cases of what I think is sciatica, I can't imagine being immobilized from the pain.  Usually I just ratchet up like the tin man and shuffle along.  If he's moved to the floor, it's gotta be bad.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@mousiegirl  In his defense, lol, since I've only had mild cases of what I think is sciatica, I can't imagine being immobilized from the pain.  Usually I just ratchet up like the tin man and shuffle along.  If he's moved to the floor, it's gotta be bad.

@Bird mama  Yes, it is.  He earns the record for loud sighs, but then he does that all of the time even when not in pain.  This is a guy up at 5:00 am, home by 8:00 pm, always going.  This morning, he hadn't been up so I looked in and asked him how he was, said depressed, don't want to get up, so I asked what he wanted to eat, told me, then he came out to eat it.  In a better mood now that a new mattress is coming, but we can't find the cord to my new laptop, he didn't bring his home, so now another issue.  He said I could order it at amazon, but I told him it wouldn't get here probably for a week, I am not on Prime.  He is working via phone, but that doesn't work as well, all info on computer.

I have never used the laptop, he set it up when it arrived a long time ago, so don't know where he put the cord.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  It's been my experience, albeit a short one.... when the man of the house don't feel good, oh Lord Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@mousiegirl  It's been my experience, albeit a short one.... when the man of the house don't feel good, oh Lord Woman LOL

@Bird mama  You aren't just whistling Dixie, lol!  He is a Taurus, sign is a bull, and my sign is a ram, give you an idea of our relationship?  LOL!  Never a dull moment, always butting heads, he is stubborn, I am not, but I stand my ground, all 5' 1 1/2" of it, lol.