Honored Contributor

Re: January 2018 Bird's Nest - Ringing in the New Year

Best! – 617 фотографий

Winifred,   I sure hope they can find out what in the heck is going on in your lung and what they can do to get rid of whatever it is.  I'd bet it's part of the reason you are so tired, as it's taking up room that should be for your breathing processes and aerating your blood as it passes through the lungs.  

My brother has to check on his oxygen saturation every day and it should be in the 90ies.  Yesterday just after getting dressed to go to a basketball game his sat. number was 73.  He has a big compressor here in the house and does use it for oxygen but not often enough.  I worry about him as I will probably be heading to FL. at the end of February or beginning of March for about 6 weeks.  My daughter in law texted me today to find out when I wanted to come.  I have doctor's appointments, and need to make another for my knee.  I have put  off going to Florida for over a month, and I don't want my son's family to think I don't want to visit them, but I do miss being here at home.  Boy, I wish I had the gift of bi-location.  Make things so much easier. 

Take good care of yourself and get as much rest as possible.   I hope the little guy is not sick and that he can get a good night's sleep tonight Heart

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Hi everyone. Am still alive but moving rather slowly. LOL. Do not feel bad at all but simply am having trouble just doing anything - like moving, etc. Did get my PET scan done yesterday morning - takes about 2 hours, no pain but so very boring to lie and go in and out a tube Still for 3 minutes, then you get bumped along, same thing over and over. getting the IV and then the actual whatever took a good 2 hours. And no food after 8 p.m. the night before. Sure missed my coffee.

Very nice day today but the winds still hung around. Detest those winds even if they are not cold.

Hope one and all have been well and doing well. Beautiful Cardinal pictured.

@Winifred  Wishing you the best results. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Birdmama, believe it or not the PET Scan was for me - not a four legged critter. I would not do it but they are trying desperately to find out what is going on INSIDE my lungs. Been a year of that. They do know there is a mass in my lungs and unfortunately it has started growing but all tests so far show negative. My pulmonary MD does not buy it and I agree with him. What IS the mass - they are trying desperately to find out. Have had several biopsies and they say negative. So what is it. Probably that is what is causing my severe fatigue constantly.

The little boy would NOT go to sleep last night and he woke up our 7 our time - about 15 minutes ago. Grrrrr. He needs more sleep. He also obviously does not feel well but I cannot figure out why - may have to take him to Urgent CAre. When he is not well he is not a fussy one like so many children - you can tell because he is quiet. Love these kids.

Have a great day one and all - by the way all feeders got filled late Monday - yeah!!!!! Davey helped.

@Winifred  I had a cat and a dog that had a benign growths, and also my Vet's Father, so not to be a downer, a growing mass can be a big problem even if benign.  Wishing all the best.

Respected Contributor

I am so glad Possum, you keep putting up pixtures of Scotties. I miss Conrad so very much - things happen I know but I still wonder what caused those quick seizures and then we lost him. I will keep saying - he was such a gracious and beautiful and nice doggie. Loved him much.

I have a large concentrator here in the house - suppose to be on oxygen 24/7 however today's medical whatever does not work that way. I cannot handle a tank, even a small one due to my arthritis in my hands and they are too heavy. They have small ones but Medicare NOR my insurance pay for it any longer - they stopped three years ago. I think that is wrong as many people have them but they got them 3 years back and continue to be supported. Makes no sense to me.

Took Ricky to Urgent CAre earlier - they think he possibly was constipated. Oh well - he obviously is feeling better as he is  bit of a stinker tonight. Course he had a 3 hour plus nap from 2 until almost 6. Geesh.

Take care one and all.

Honored Contributor

Thursday

Honored Contributor

Hello February

Honored Contributor

I'm officially losing it.  The February Bird's Nest is up

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/February-2018-Bird-s-Nest/m-p/4403528#M211176

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise