Honored Contributor

Re: January 2017 Back Fence - COME ON DOWN

[ Edited ]

Betty, I thought I saw the sun this morning, for maybe 5 minutes.  That was it.  I can't remember when we've had this many overcast, drizzly and foggy days in a row.  I didn't sleep well last night and am dragging right now.  

My sleeplessness had nothing to do with work.  More like fury over my experiences with OneExchange - the company overseeing my health care reimbursement.   They approve the expense and then don't issue a payment until you put a foot in their - - -.

It appears I am not alone - I googled complaints for the company and there are many of us having the same experience.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

We finally had the sun all day long yesterday but boy howdy it sure was COLD. This morning is also frigid - 26 degrees. Now that is just too cold for these old bones. Heater going full blast and I am sitting here freezing - sure wish there was central heat /air in this house. My parents were always going to do it but never got around to it. LOL. Like adding on to the house - they should have and could have.

leaving some coffee and bagels - what else?

Need to get a move on - things to do this a.m.

Honored Contributor

Wow Freddie, your neck of the woods has been colder than mine these past mornings.  I think a cold front is coming - I'd swear I heard rain/snow mix that transitions to snow.  Then again that was yesterday and I was sleep deprived so I might have not heard correctly, lol.

Here's a frittata to go with the bagels. 

Image result for frittata

Pioneer Woman recipe, not too spicy.

Trusted Contributor

I had a doctors appointment this morning so I'm a little late. I stopped by and picked up a birthday cake and candles.  Very impressive. The smoke alarm kept going off.   Oh, whose birthday?   It's Freddie's.   Hope you have a great day.   

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy birthday winifred

Honored Contributor

I made loaves of banana bread.  Some are plain, some have nuts in them.

Image result for banana bread loaves

Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday Winifred. Do something nice for yourself!!!

Respected Contributor

Glad to see some of you could stop by - BD Party time is always good is it not?!!!

Had a busy day, and yep, had to go to my eye MD for my annual check up. No trouble with either of the rebuilt cataract eyes - LOL. Do not have to change my glasses but am going to get them re-tinted. That tint does wear off.

Forgot to mention the banana nut bread was super good - especially that with the nuts. Love those nuts - must run in the family. No pun intended.

Today was another frigid day - sun was out and it was gorgeous but you still required a coat. Brrrrrr.

Thanks again for the BD wishes.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy belated birthday images

Image result for birthday morning food images

Sorry I'm late.  Hope you like pancakes @Winifred! Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Winifred

It's good your eyes didn't change.  I need to get my eyes examined.  I'm still sporting a prescription from 2006, rofl.  I did go to the opthalmologist in 2009 for new glasses (I was doing the reading in church for my niece's wedding).  I'd swear they jacked up the RX. 

I think that will be a goal for 2017, find a good opthalmologist that listens to the patient.  I tried an optometrist once - didn't care for the experience.