Regular Contributor

Jamie Kern Lima book

[ Edited ]

I'm enjoying reading the book. I am wondering who could be the three beauty company "bullies" who were rude to Jamie when she first came to QVC. She gives credit in the book to Mally so I'm sure it wasn't her. It's not important who it was. I'm just curious. 

Honored Contributor

It's not important, is it? She did well for herself and has a beautiful home and family. She is truly a great success story with what she built.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jamie Kern Lima book

[ Edited ]

I'm guessing the cosmetic business is dog-eat-dog and highly competitive with more than its share of nasty, catty women. So many are so fake and think they're hot stuff.

In the end, she laughed all the way to the bank. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Sweetpea70 

To find out:  What year did she come to QVC ?

What beauty products were on then ( exclude

Mally as she has noted ) ?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm guessing the cosmetic business is dog-eat-dog and highly competitive with more than its share of nasty, catty women. So many are so fake and think they're hot stuff.

In the end, she laughed all the way to the bank. 

@Kachina624   I agreed with you until you generalized it all on "catty women."  That's sadly ironic, isn't it?  Focusing the assumption only on women, and then calling them catty?

There are a huge amount of men in the beauty industry -- in front of, and behind the TV camera.  I'm sure every retail genre has its share of bullies and back-stabbers trying to nudge in front of the other to get to QVC's audience.  

Honored Contributor

@jlkz    Seems like Bare Minerals was very big about that time. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Jamie was on the Victoria Osteen radio show last year, and I think she said L'Oreal was one of them. 

Valued Contributor

Leslie Blodgett who used to own Bare Minerals has always been pretty nice and a champion of women's causes. I seriously cannot see her being mean to Jamie Kern. I used to see her a lot on the street in San Francisco and she was generally very nice and friendly to everyone. She did not have the reputation of being a mean girl.

Honored Contributor

Why would she care about something so trivial now?  She won.  She succeeded and now she's a billionaire with gorgeous baby.