Frequent Contributor

Re: James Taylor Tickets "Sticker Shock!"

@ECBG...... I wonder where you were looking for tickets.  Out of curiosity I checked for tickets in my state (NC), and the ticket range at Ticketmaster was $55-$925(floor 3rd row).  Most artists these days have HUGE screens so the audience can see them, so I wouln't pay $925 no matter!  

I wonder if you were looking at a "reseller" site.

I suggest that you go to the Ticketmaster (usually related to the venue box office OR call the venue box office) site and check again for tickets!!

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

James Taylor is coming to my city this summer. Tickets are selling fast. The prices range anywhere from $130 to over $500 per ticket. 

He's playing in a small arena which has only 7,300 seats.

Broadmoor World Arena | Venue Coalition

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ECBG I see tickets in NC that are affordable.

NC is where I looked.

@ECBG  Which city did you want? The ones I saw started off with the cheapest tickets. They were around 85.00.

Esteemed Contributor

Got to see him at Livestock 1995 on Martha's Vineyard.   Carly Simon played too and stole the show from him, LOL!   I enjoyed it very much........so glad I went to so many concerts when I was young and it was cheap.  Today forget about it, the only band I paid good $$$ money for many times was my beloved Rolling Stones.  Worth every cent. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, glad I saw him back in the day!

...in the 90's and early 2000's, 4 times all told. Not even like I was a huge fan...just happened

a friend had free tix first time, at a local amusement park/ outdoor venue.  I was surprised how much I loved seeing him live (his music, to me, in the 70's was kind of "sleepy" and, while I liked it enough, wasn't at top of my list...but live, I loved it.)

So I bought tix 3 more various times, all open-air, outdoor venues.

One was in his neck of the woods in Mass, 4th of July...we drove up to the venue, spontaneously, that day & got tix (maybe $40-50 ea)...the most memorable thing...right at the end of the show as we all left, they were then having fireworks...the rain had held off...sky lit up with fireworks, and then right after the rain started.

Talk about Fire and Rain. It was a pretty magical night and show.

But I'm not paying $1000k to see anyone! That. is. insane.

Friend of ours bought a bunch of McCartney tix for this May in Boston. He's a huge fan, seen him at least 3 or 4 other times. It'll be first time for me. We only went for "nosebleed" at about $250.00 ea. But further down, on the floor and closer levels...$700-1100 if I recall. I'll be happy just to be there. Not a huge fan of HUGE crowded venues, but, McCartney...I thought it should be exciting. Exciting plenty enough at $250 tho'.

@ECBG it is a shame...who the heck, in this economy, these times can really afford that. Someone...apparently. But lots cannot. It's insane.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

Many thanks, but it's hard for me to see seated on the floor.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

Many thanks, but it's hard for me to see seated on the floor.

@ECBG  Ok, gotcha. 

Honored Contributor

Seriously?

Respected Contributor

He's coming to Oklahoma City in July....right now tickets that are left range from 83 dollars to 383 dollars.... I'm sure there were more expensive ones in the best seating areas, but those are already gone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That sounds like a reseller site to me, or tickets that have already been purchased and are listed as "Verified Resale".  People can charge whatever they want, in that case.

I saw that happen with someone I was interested in seeing (Josh Groban), but as the date got closer and the seats hadn't sold, they dropped back to almost their original price.  I could've gotten second row aisle seats, but by then I'd gone off the whole idea!

ETA:  Out of curiosity, I had a look at Charlotte, NC.  There are two almost center front row seats (Platinum).  $1555 + fees.  And you know Ticketmaster's fees are ridiculous.  Who on earth thinks a couple of hours of entertainment is worth that?

If you don't mind sitting in the third row, it's only $730 + fees.  I have better things to do with my money.

Other places have much more reasonable ticket prices, so what is it about NC?  Woman Frustrated