Frequent Contributor

I know several members here are my age, which means James Taylor was probably a presence during your "formative" years. He has a new CD out, Before This World, which is his first new material in 13 years. It's great to hear his beautiful, mellow voice again!

Valued Contributor

Wonder if he has John Kerry singing along You've got a friend?

Honored Contributor

Frankie - James Taylor has such a soothing voice.  I had a dog that was afraid of lightening and I used to sing JT to him to keep him calm.

Thanks for the heads up :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Frankie - James Taylor has such a soothing voice.  I had a dog that was afraid of lightening and I used to sing JT to him to keep him calm.

Thanks for the heads up :-)

How sweet!

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Valued Contributor

But, did you know this is James Taylor's first chart-topping album?  According to news reports, he leapfrogged over Taylor Swift to reach the No. 1 spot!

From Forbes online:

The people have showered Mr. James Taylor with love this week (if you’re a fan, you’ll understand the interesting choice of prose) by finally giving him a number one album. After 45 years in the business, the legendary singer-songwriter has nabbed his first chart topper with his seventeenth studio album, Before This World.

The record has been a long time coming…but not as long as the chart achievement. Before is Taylor’s first album of original material in thirteen years, and what a welcome back it is. The album is his twelfth top ten, and with 97,000 units moved, easily this week’s best-seller.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Frequent Contributor

Will always remember "sweet baby James"

Honored Contributor

Re: James Taylor - New CD

[ Edited ]

Carolina In My Mind.  <3

In my mind I'm going to Carolina. Can't you see the sunshine, can't you just feel the moonshine?
Ain't it just like a friend of mine to hit me from behind? Yes, I'm going to Carolina in my mind.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Listening to James Taylor is like reconnecting to an old friend. You just pick up where you left off! I love the man and I will have to check out his new music.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Carolina In My Mind.  <3

In my mind I'm going to Carolina. Can't you see the sunshine, can't you just feel the moonshine?
Ain't it just like a friend of mine to hit me from behind? Yes, I'm going to Carolina in my mind.

@Drythe

In my mind, there are no sharks there!