Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   OMG yes!!! Home late last night and after a nice bath (missed that too after only showers), I crawled under my down comforter w/ pillowtop mattress and uttered a comfy sigh!!!

Esteemed Contributor

It just shows how spoiled people are when they think one bathroom is a problem. We take too much for granted in this country. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

We grew up having one bathroom too. It wasn't a problem because as kids, we had nice strong bladders.

But now, I can't imagine having just one toilet. My bladder isn't what it used to be. 

@deeva   Lol!!!

Honored Contributor

You're complaining about one bathroom in a hotel room.  LOL

So entitled...

Honored Contributor

@Shanus acknowledged this was not a major issue. It was simply a comment about creature comforts so let's not be too harsh. On slow days, I welcome new threads, even if they are simple observations.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG   Thank you for clarifying my observation to others.

Valued Contributor

1 bathroom growing up..

My "poor" Dad..he was always pretty much on the waiting list to use the bathroom..Always 3 women before him..LOL

Valued Contributor

DH and I have 2.5 bathrooms now, but I also grew up in houses with several people, and only 1 bathroom (and only just a bathtub)

I'm loving the fact that we have our *own* separate bathrooms, and a half bath for guests, but I could easily go back to only 1, because (now that I'm older), it's quicker and easier to clean one bathroom Woman Wink

I've never understood why the younger generation of couples think it's cool for both of them to be brushing their teeth at the same time - So, they insist on "double sinks" in the main bathroom.

Growing up, we always staggered our "get-up" times, so that there was never any drama over bathroom use.

... and somehow, we all survived, and made it to school and work on time (LOL) Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Growing up we had 1 bathroom for a teen  (myself) my 4 years younger sister, and a step sister under 5.  I don’t remember any scheduling issues.

DH and I rented a townhouse and small ranch house in the 2 1/2 years we saved up for a house.  Both had one bathroom with 1 sink.

I take a shower at night which probably keeps me from having sharing issues.

Respected Contributor

I grew up in a one bathroom home. It was a problem, but we just had to deal with it. No other choice. When we visited my grandparents on their farm, they had no indoor plumbing or heat. Had to use an outhouse. It was freezing cold in the winter with no heat. I take nothing for granted and fully appreciate whatever I have now.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.