Honored Contributor

Re: JULY 2020 Back Fence Gathering

hey all

birdmama i purchased from pharmapack several years ago, i believe it was some bar bath soap. the shippment never made it to my house. kept saying delayed at last city. never got the order,called pharmapack and they gave me credit for quite a bit of money . Pharmapack said that people steal many of their shippments because people think they can score on pills pharmapack ships. only thing is pharmapack DOES NOT ship any meds anywhere

not much here, might hot and humid. did get walk in.

ok guys later.

Trusted Contributor

viva,we live in No.Va. And are in the same heat wave as you. I so want to open a window.

still feeling better,not great,but I'll take what I get.

Been talking a lot on the phone W/my hubby's brothers wife. Hubby's brother has been diagnosed with early stage dementia. He is 82,and has had memory problems for some time,but it still upsets us so. My SIL just needs someone to talk too. She has no siblings,yes friends,but no one else in the family to talk to. If I can help by just listening,then I'll listen as much as she needs as I know she would do anything for me. Just ashame we don't live near each other.

hubby just got back from his walk with our daughter. She keeps him moving.talked to our son last night. They only live about 1hour away,but it seems like much further since we can't get together. Miss seeing the grandsons.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here tonight.

catching up on my dvr'ed programs. Not much else. Oppressive tonight.ok see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

hey guys

not much here

mighty hot and humid today. my walk was soaked when I got home this morn

dh is working long week. so am concerned about this heat humid conditions he has to work in.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Viva it's been pretty hot and humid in my part of Michigan this weekend.  The air is so heavy it feels like it's trying to smother me when I go out to feed and water the birds/squirrels.

I'm beginning to fantasize about snow.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

just a quick pop in to say good night.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much is going on here tonight.

catching up on my dvr'ed movie, William Powell movie tonight

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

I had my consultation with the garage door company yesterday morning.  Bill didn't wear a mask but I did.

I originally said I wanted an Amarr Heritage model 2000 which has vinyl backed insulation.  No windows, no muntins, just clean and simple.

Bill tells me that they don't sell Amarr much and that Safeway is the brand they sell the most.  I say, well your website says nothing about that brand.  The more we chat, the more I want a safeway.

He measures the double garage door where the cars are and I ask him if I can get a matching door for the opening of the garage addition off the patio.  He says yea I can have a matching manual opening door for off the patio.

So I ask for quotes - no insulation or best insulation which is steel backed inside and outside.

Since I never did this before I'm expecting outrageous prices.  I remind him that his company has internet coupons for $200 off double door and $100 off single door.

He gives me quote for Amarr plain and insulated and Safeway plain and insulated.  I tell him let's go with Safeway Regency Model 67 (best insulation).  I know this is not chump change - I don't expect to do this again in my lifetime - $2,495 for all of it - door, new rails, springs, labor - the whole 9 yards.

So then he says well what about the Amarr - you can get their best for $2895.  I said, umm weren't you just dragging them 30 minutes ago?  I said, you made such a good case against them that I'm going with the Safeway Regency, lol.

They're going to install the doors this coming Thursday - I put $500 down and will pay the rest when I see new working doors.

As he was leaving I felt melancholy.  This past Sunday marked 17 years since I married my late husband.  The lady who owned the house before me had a love affair with dark grass green and my husband repainted the garage doors and the shutters (he's scared of heights too) a blue color after we were here a couple of years to make me happy.

I'm better today - I worked through it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today. Sheet day today got all the wash folded and put away before noon today.

anyway, am tired.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hey all

hired and fired my new lawn man today. He was not good person at all. He gave me a tongue lashing for dh disturbing him while he was working. He just lit into me like no end. I couldn't even get 1 word in. He also increased his price by 5 bucks because we disturbed him while he was mowing. Nope not going to have that. Dh called our old lawn person back and asked he could remain cutting our lawn which he said he would.

my right foot began paining me a couple days ago. I contacted my foot doc office today,they were open and accepting patients for appoints. I got a 9am appoint today. Saw no my foot guy but a new doctor. He was wonderful.. took X-rays and discovered what happened to my left foot a year or 2 ago is now happening to my right foot. My sesmoide bone is breaking thru my big toe. Very painful. I see my normal doctor 10 august to discuss possible surg on right foot to remove that bone.

that is about all for now, later guys