Honored Contributor

Re: JULY 2020 Back Fence Gathering

@Bird mama wrote:

Wow, the USPS must be going through some things. 

My synthroid RX was sent via UPS mail innovations from Eagle Pharmacy in Florida.  According to USPS tracking my local post office, and I mean local as in 2 miles away from my house received the package on July 6th.

I called the regular/local phone number for that post office at 4:15 pm.  The answering machine kicked on and said their office was closed for the day and then proceeded to outline office hours which go until 5:30 pm.

I submitted an email inquiry and generated a formal inquiry.

So then, for giggles I checked the tracking of the scooby doo stamps that were shipped on July 2nd.

They spent July 2nd in Kansas and then dropped off of the map until July 13th when they hit the Detroit distribution center.  For reasons unknown to me the stamps travelled through my county to get north of me in Pontiac by the end of the 13th.

As of today I can't help but wonder where my stamps are travelling to next, lol.

July 14, 2020

In Transit to Next Facility

Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

@Bird mama   CRAZY, isn't it, lol.  It has happened to me several times.

Honored Contributor

hey all

making this short and sweet

have a huge load of laundry to fold before p.m. walk

not much here.did many chores ran errand. will check in later

Honored Contributor

Hello all, The power went out here at 9:25 am so instead of sitting in a house that was so quiet it was creepy, I spent an hour pruning the shrubs along my back fence.  I also went on the other side of the fence/gate and made sure everything was tidied up there since it's the school's athletic yard.  Well, I think it belongs to the school.  There is a flat field and then a berm and then a flat area and then my property.  Whoever owns it - it's neat as a pin now.  I was gonna do all this later this weekend and it's better I did it today before it gets raging hot again.

My power came back on at 11:50 am.  I was sitting with Presto in the office and heard something click and wirr (it was the dvd player) and just as I thought - not today Satan, I heard the Six Million Dollar Man - TV came on after DCD player.

Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

well,Va. has set a new record. 19-20 days of 90+ heat for July. Can't wait till see what August does. 
Birdmama,don't know how you do it. I go to the grocery store every 7-10 days,for I run out of fresh produce. My hubby has gone the last few times. Yesterday I felt good enough to go,I always make a list and figure out what we're eating every night. Holy smoke,yesterday I spent over $260. I love to look around and check out everything,so I guess I picked up a lot that wasn't on the list,plus I got very little meat. 
hoping to go tomorrow for my lab work. Just couldn't get out of bed this morning to get there since it was a fasting draw.

everyone stay 😎 

Honored Contributor

hey all

EPI my husband won't let me go to the grocery store. He says I spend money on "junk". He does do a better job at grocery shop. He takes the list, he gets what is on the list and that is all. If is not on the list it won't come home.

not much else. Am relaxing right now. Catching up on my dvr'ed programs

ok guys later.

Trusted Contributor

viva,funny,I dint really get much "junk" ,I just picked up a lot of things,like fish,fruit,and fresh veg. Plus stocked up on some cnnned goods like tomatoes,and pasta as my pantry was getting low.my hubby sticks to the list also...

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

did many chores, prepped kitchen for clean tomorrow

got walk in

clothes on last rinse in washer

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Here's an update on my post office drama:  I submitted an inquiry about my RX and received a snotty response from the post office that they can't deliver what they don't have.

Mind you, the last update is 'shipment received' on July 6th. 

It's a 'mail innovation' set up and I couldn't get a yahoo outta UPS who allegedly handed off the RX to USPS.  So I called the pharmacy and said, look, they lost my RX.  I don't know how long it's gonna take them to investigate and I'm grateful that skipping a few days of medication won't kill me, lol.

Regarding the stamps:  They hit Detroit, drove through my county and hit Pontiac on July 13th.  They've been seeing more of Michigan during the pandemic than I am.  So, because I can, I submitted an inquiry last night because they've been travelling for 2 weeks.  Got a response today that on day 15 (which is today) call a 1-800 number.

You know I've always been a die hard supporter of the USPS.  They're working my nerves this month. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

hey all

birdmama those pills had feet and walked off in someone else's pockets. Easy street sale to get money for extra cash.

busy today, see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

@viva923   I would understand that if it was some kind of pain pill.  It's replacement thyroid hormone, lol.  Oh well, I guess Eagle Pharmacy realized the first shipment is truly lost because they sent me an email yesterday stating they are re-shipping the 104 pills (90 day supply) UPS express.  Since UPS don't work on the weekend I should get the RX on Monday.

Meanwhile the scooby doo stamps continue to tour the great state of Michigan.  I don't even have the energy to fight for those any more Woman LOL