Honored Contributor

Re: JULY 2020 Back Fence Gathering

@Epicurean  @viva923   yea I read an article last week in the Washington Post about the new postmaster general slow walking the mail.  I received my Target order today that was supposed to be delivered last Friday.  Meanwhile my Home Depot orders are coming like clockwork - UPS rocks.  Love those brown trucks.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

can't remember exactly how long our shingles are suppose to last i think it was 25-30 yrs but don'g quote me on that . do know that the black or white or what ever color paper that is put down that we paid big bucks for,we got snow-ice-rain repellent paper suppose to shield the wood much better than the normal black paper they use.

did get my walk in this morn. came home and worked on my shed to get my buried 5 drawer bin filled with my outdoor large flags. finally dug that out, put all the junk that was in front of the dresser in the spot where the dresser was. worked till i could not do anylonger, sweat was burning my eyes something fierce.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hey guys

not much going on around here tonight. Took short walk after supper stopped at neighbors house for a deck sit for 10 min's. Showers done, 1 load wash,1 load dryer.

ok guys tomorrow

Honored Contributor

Good Mornin'  I didn't do much yesterday other that putzing around the house.  I can't find my ratcheting pruners and I know that I had them last on Monday.  I think Paul moved a couple things around when he was installing the garage door off the patio so I need to get in the garage and really look around.  

I also want to pressure wash my house.  I found the tube that somehow connects to the pressure washer to introduce soap suds into the stream of water and I gotta find the instructions that came with the machine.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not major news today

dh is at work,

got morn walk in. 

very very humid today, thick air today. i wilted on my walk today

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hey all

just a pop in to check in

my dd stopped by to pick up more of my heavy stash of philosophy bath soap i have. She helped clean me out still have a whole stash left. Then she took some dust cloths (swiffers) have a mess of those too.

got 2pm walk in it was a hot and humid walk this afternoon, wonder if we will ever get relief

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Wow, it was hot and humid yesterday and it continues to be hot and humid today.  We're supposed to get rain later so I hope that helps.  Since I'm not sure if it's gonna be stormy (I need to check online) I just took my bath and tossed load one of two into the washer.  

I never did find my pruners and I looked everywhere.  They were from a set of two ratcheting tooks (hand pruner and lopper) that I bought from QVC back in 2009.  One of my best purchases ever from this company.  I went online here to see if I could get a new set.  Well, I guess the season is over because they ain't selling them now.

I can get Fiskars ratcheting pruners/loppers from the home depot.  They won't be a cute shade of blue but......

I have two other hand pruner things so I suppose I could wait until next spring to see if the Q will be offering the set in fashion colors again.  I like the loppers because they have telescoping handles.

Still didn't look at the pressure washer paperwork.  What's the point today?  It's too hot and muggy to go out there.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama   I have four of these, and they are the best, feel good in the hands, light, and cut most anything except thick branches, bought at amazon.  I also bought the rachets that you mentioned, but hardly use them, prefer the loppers.  

Fiskars 15 Inch PowerGear Super Pruner/Lopper

Honored Contributor

hey all

WOW MOUSIE would love those loppers. They look good and nice and sharp.

not much else going on, did monday cleaning. Did walk

DH took me to a specialty store that deals with walkers/runners. Was fitted with the shoe measure right foot,left foot. My left foot is smaller by 1 full size due to that bone fusion thingy of years ago.  took my p.m. walk today in new walkers. Wow what a difference.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hey all

not to much today

sheet day, folded and p ut away

morn walk done

those new walkers are fantablous, almost feel like i am walking on air.

ok guys later.