Honored Contributor

Re: JULY 2020 Back Fence Gathering

@viva923  Wow, in this economy you'd think smaller businesses like these lawn services would be grateful that people have the money to pay them to cut the grass in the first place.

Oooh what's going on with your foot sounds really painful.  I looked up that bone because I didn't know where it was and now that I see where it is, how can you even put a shoe on?

I hope they can get you in to remove it sooner than later.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

My new garage doors were installed yesterday.  It was a little disruptive for my flock because replacing garage doors is a noisy business Woman Very Happy I'm so glad that I had it done - the doors look beautiful.

I said at the beginning of 2020 that I wanted to get some things done on or around the house.  Before I retired in 2018 I put money aside for a new furnace and AC when the time came. 

I knew at some point that I wanted to replace all of the windows, wanted to have a new concrete patio poured, have the roof replaced (mine is maybe 15-16 years old), get new gutters when I got the new roof, you know more expensive stuff like that.  I figured that I'd wait until I was 59 1/2 and could get at my 401K without penalty. 

I retired at 55 and figured there could be smaller things that I could work into the budget before I did the 'biggies'.

I started the year enthusiastic about it all and then the pandemic came.  I don't know, maybe I fell in a funk.  I did hire the tree guys to get rid of an old half dead everygreen shrub on the side of my garage in the backyard and did get rid of that cockeyed ornamental weeping mulberry in the front of the house in Spring.

Getting those garage doors done has gotten me off of dead center.  Even though some of the things that I want to do are dependent on the weather, I can at least prep for them.  I can measure how much backing rod and caulk I need to reseal the expansion joints around the patio and garage.  I can buy the mortar repair stuff and watch videos to make sure I'm clear on how to do it so when the weather cooperates I will be ready.

The weather is nice today and I have every window in the house open.  It's not humid and we're expecting a high temp in the low 80's so I will get that yard work done while the gettings good.

Honored Contributor

Here's the weekly update on my post office drama.

Stamps:  I ordered them on July 1, they shipped on July 2, they arrived in Detroit on July 13 and travelled the state until they hit my mailbox on July 22.

Synthroid RX:  Dr called in RX on June 29, pharmacy shipped on July 30.  RX allegedly arrived at post office on July 6.  Reached out to pharmacy on July 15, they considered the shipment lost on July17.  They sent me new RX via UPS express and I received them on July 20.

The original shipment sent on 6-30 hit my mailbox yesterday on 7-23.  I called the pharmacy and said, guess what, the shipment made it here and I need you to bill me for the first batch of synthroid.  The phone rep says no can do.  I say, yea you can because I'm telling you to and it's not my style to steal.  She tells me, I can pass it along Bernadette however the pharmacist is not gonna authorize it because once the pharmacist considers and order lost, he/she does not want to revisit it.

She noted on my chart that I want to pay for the first batch of synthroid and assured me that the call was being recorded. 

Honored Contributor

hey guys

wow what a evening here. seriously bad electrical storms, one bolt of lighting hit tree/house in our development do not know damages

overcast and air you can cut with knife.ok guys later

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Here's the weekly update on my post office drama.

Stamps:  I ordered them on July 1, they shipped on July 2, they arrived in Detroit on July 13 and travelled the state until they hit my mailbox on July 22.

Synthroid RX:  Dr called in RX on June 29, pharmacy shipped on July 30.  RX allegedly arrived at post office on July 6.  Reached out to pharmacy on July 15, they considered the shipment lost on July17.  They sent me new RX via UPS express and I received them on July 20.

The original shipment sent on 6-30 hit my mailbox yesterday on 7-23.  I called the pharmacy and said, guess what, the shipment made it here and I need you to bill me for the first batch of synthroid.  The phone rep says no can do.  I say, yea you can because I'm telling you to and it's not my style to steal.  She tells me, I can pass it along Bernadette however the pharmacist is not gonna authorize it because once the pharmacist considers and order lost, he/she does not want to revisit it.

She noted on my chart that I want to pay for the first batch of synthroid and assured me that the call was being recorded. 

@Bird mama   Lol, what a world we live in.  So funny about not wanting to revisit it.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

My new garage doors were installed yesterday.  It was a little disruptive for my flock because replacing garage doors is a noisy business Woman Very Happy I'm so glad that I had it done - the doors look beautiful.

I said at the beginning of 2020 that I wanted to get some things done on or around the house.  Before I retired in 2018 I put money aside for a new furnace and AC when the time came. 

I knew at some point that I wanted to replace all of the windows, wanted to have a new concrete patio poured, have the roof replaced (mine is maybe 15-16 years old), get new gutters when I got the new roof, you know more expensive stuff like that.  I figured that I'd wait until I was 59 1/2 and could get at my 401K without penalty. 

I retired at 55 and figured there could be smaller things that I could work into the budget before I did the 'biggies'.

I started the year enthusiastic about it all and then the pandemic came.  I don't know, maybe I fell in a funk.  I did hire the tree guys to get rid of an old half dead everygreen shrub on the side of my garage in the backyard and did get rid of that cockeyed ornamental weeping mulberry in the front of the house in Spring.

Getting those garage doors done has gotten me off of dead center.  Even though some of the things that I want to do are dependent on the weather, I can at least prep for them.  I can measure how much backing rod and caulk I need to reseal the expansion joints around the patio and garage.  I can buy the mortar repair stuff and watch videos to make sure I'm clear on how to do it so when the weather cooperates I will be ready.

The weather is nice today and I have every window in the house open.  It's not humid and we're expecting a high temp in the low 80's so I will get that yard work done while the gettings good.

@Bird mama   Doesn't your roof last longer than fifteen years?  Mine is suposed to last thirty, and it isn't shake, which we had on the other house, very expensive, but in that area, shake is the way to go. 

Four years ago when we remodeled the kitchen, got the roof, gutters replaced, and the exterior painted, DONE, won't do it again, doubt I will still be here in thirty years.  We put a new roof on when we moved in, owners paid for it, and gutters.  Eventually, a pine tree smashed the gutter into the roof, so had to have the tree cut down, $1,800 for the tree, very painful, but had no choice.

I now have to have the enormous trees pruned and cleaned out, and several huge branches over the roof removed before they fall on the roof and cause problems.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Birdmama,I learned something today which might explain why your and others mail are delayed so darn long. It seems the new post master general(a big time donor,just sayin') has put a stop to all overtime at the post offices. Whatever is still in the truck at the end of the day goes back. Who knows where it ends up. Like you I get most of my meds by mail. Can't Wait to see what happens 🙄

Honored Contributor

hey all

read that story on line today about the changes coming to post office. Read not good things. If you get anything delivered it will be a miracle. If any mail falls to ground it stays there and gets swept up at the end of the day and if they can salvage it,they will if not, it will a so what attitude. If they don't have enough delivery people for the day some people will get the mail others will not and when those people will get the mail is pretty much when they can find someone to deliver it. It is really a horror story going on at post office 

ok guys not much else. Later guys.

I get all my meds by mail order (required by my 2ndary insurance.

Trusted Contributor

Viva,I also get most of my prescriptions by mail,except for two. Can't wait too find out how bad it gets. I can get them at the pharmacy for a heck of a lot of more money 😬

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   I bought a GAF 30 year roof.  I don't think it will go 30 years because I live on the side of the block that abuts a huge school field.  Our side of the block is the windbreaker for the folks across the street.  I'll probably get more like 22-23 years out of it.