Trusted Contributor

Re: JULY 2020 Back Fence Gathering

finally,my coccyx pain is getting better. Last two days I was able to do things around the house without it bothering me too much. Sure hope this continues.

no surprise here,it's still hot as Hell and high humidity. Guess this will be our weather for the rest of the summer.

tuesday I must go to the lab and get my blood work done and maybe grocery shopping done. Virginia is holding its own W/this virus. Most everyone wears a mask,and most stores will not let you in without one. Why anyone will not wear one is beyond me.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here. Got afternoon walk in am now on my dvr'ed programs Laverne and shirley is my choice now.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   You made my week with the news about the lessening of the tailbone pain.  Gotta take it where you can get it.  You know, I was never known for my patience Woman Embarassed  Over the years, live long enough and you gain some wisdom and give people latitude.

Until coronavirus Woman Tongue

I am so tired of people as a species, I really am.  The guidance we got at the beginning of this mess was set forth because we didn't have the supplies we needed for our medical folks in the trenches.

I think people forget it was a novel virus as in we ain't never seen it before.  There's gonna be a learning curve.  Personally I've been wiping down everything I buy from the store (even refrigerated stuff and ice cream cartons) since the third week of March.  So they say maybe virus didn't live on cardboard, metal, etc.

Too late, I'm conditioned and sure as heck won't be stopping what's been working for me.  My sister made me a mask and dropped it off before Easter.  I bought a 5 pack of cotton nice tie behind the head (I prefer ties) from Lucky Brand.  $25 - free shipping.  I bought 5, they donate 5 and they are made in LosAngeles.  Love 'em and gave my sister 3 of the 5 as she's working and amongst the people more than me.

I'm at a point now, if these idiots wanna die - go ahead.  I'm gonna keep being as careful today and I was when it was brand new and super terrifying.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

When I bought this house my kitchen faucet was a Grohe.  When it finally died and replacement parts couldn't be found I replaced it with a Grohe.

Grohe Eurodisc Single-Handle Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet - Touch On ...

If you look at the sprayer head thing right above where the water comes out of those nubs you can see a raised area.  You press one raised area and it sprays, press the raised area behind it and it streams (normal water coming out of faucet).

I must have used the spray area too much in the past 8 years because I went to spray off the soap suds in the sink when my dishes were done and I couldn't get the button to stay down and hold the spray.  Every time I moved my finger, water streamed.

Suffice it say, I ordered a replacement sprayer head from Amazon last night because they had the best price.... $73 for a stupid sprayer thing.

Love the German engineering just not the price so that will probably be my only Grohe in this house. Woman Very Happy

My faucet works fine, I just want to be able to spray and stream.

Trusted Contributor

thanks Birdmama. It's great to feel better. I think you got your money's worth out of that faucet.

i don't wipe down anything I bring into the house,but I let it sit a while before using it. I always have been compulsive about keeping the kitchen/bathrooms clean. Now I also wipe down door knobs regularly. I just don't understand why people are against wearing masks. It's a no brainer to me. The first thing we do after going out is wash our hands when coming home. It's been hard for my hubby to remember. I think it's because of the way we were raised,plus me being an ex nurse

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Epicurean  Wearing a mask has become so commonplace for me I'm at a point that I can forget about it.  I know this doesn't make sense - I'll explain it.

You know how you set up habits, like where you put the house keys or where you always put your glasses?  Maybe this is more like it - did you remember to turn off the iron or turn off the dryer before you leave the house?  It's something that you do so 'naturally' that every once in a while you stop or go, wait a minute, did I turn off the dryer or iron?

So, Friday I was sure I put a mask in my purse.  I was going to go through the drive thru of the bank to deposit a refund check from State Farm (auto insurance) and then I was going to swing by Little Caesars to pick up the order that I placed and paid for that was waiting for me in the pizza portal.

I get into the drive thru line at the bank and realize I didn't stash the mask in my bag even though I would have sworn I stashed the mask.  I wasn't going to interact with someone except to put the tube in the chute to send my check, deposit form and driver's license.

I'm lucky that each of the places I was about to visit are within a 3 mile drive from my house.  After I did the bank thing I drove home, ran into the house and got the mask.

I learned something - keep a mask in the car in case I get a brain fart.  My point is, there was no way in heaven or hel* that I was going to run into Little Caesars without a mask.  

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,from the beginning we have kept masks in the car. Dear hubby is sometimes forgetful so I put some in the car. He keeps his on the passenger seat so he see it. I wore a mask many times while working as a nurse,it's nothing to me for wearing it for hours if necessary.

Honored Contributor

hey all

i carry 2 boxes of masks in both cars. wear masks when i drive away from house.

i don't wear masks when I walk (am alone=don't talk to anyone, wave yes, but talk that is rare,and most of the people I know stand far away from me if we had to chat about something.

appoint's done for today

more tomorrow

more friday

shredded my bin box of papers i keep just in case if we need them for anything

it got full shredded the box lot today

dh fixed the toilet flusher valve broke

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hey all

another busy day.

had my last outside house camera installed so all 4 sides of my house are covered i can see what,who is exactly where.

got both walks in

house was kind of torn up while last camera was installed but he finally got everything in about 10am so finally able to put the house back together.

well guy that is all for now,later

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wow, the USPS must be going through some things. 

My synthroid RX was sent via UPS mail innovations from Eagle Pharmacy in Florida.  According to USPS tracking my local post office, and I mean local as in 2 miles away from my house received the package on July 6th.

I called the regular/local phone number for that post office at 4:15 pm.  The answering machine kicked on and said their office was closed for the day and then proceeded to outline office hours which go until 5:30 pm.

I submitted an email inquiry and generated a formal inquiry.

So then, for giggles I checked the tracking of the scooby doo stamps that were shipped on July 2nd.

They spent July 2nd in Kansas and then dropped off of the map until July 13th when they hit the Detroit distribution center.  For reasons unknown to me the stamps travelled through my county to get north of me in Pontiac by the end of the 13th.

As of today I can't help but wonder where my stamps are travelling to next, lol.

July 14, 2020

In Transit to Next Facility

Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.