Honored Contributor

Re: JULY 2020 Back Fence Gathering

hey all

tropical storm fay is on the move, moving up the east coast, will be here tomorrow heavy rain and high winds. sure hope we will be safe under flood watch now. expect about 4 inch rain tomorrow.

not to much else. dh and i did a weeks' worth of errands today. we ran around like humming birds feasting. here,there and everywhere.

ok guys tomorrow

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey people, the heatwave continues here.  I think today is going to be the hottest and steamiest in 10 days.  I think we are supposed to get 2 days with a high of 80-82 degrees and then the heat is gonna come raging back.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Freddie, I'm glad that your electricity came back on.  In this weather, not having power could kill you.  So much of the country is having a heat wave and I think our old power grids are fragile.

I'm glad that Shannon came by to help you with the grass.  

I have a big fruitless mulberry in the back of my yard.  The tree guy that I used to use called it a weed.  Well, that's his opinion.  It gives great shade and the animals love it.  You are right about the cost to remove the tree - they will ask for an arm and a leg to get it out.

When I went grocery shopping last week Friday the local Meijer had signs at the U-scan that you needed to use a check or debit/credit card.  No cash at the U-scans because their is a national coin shortage.  I never thought I'd live long enough to see a coin shortage.

Basically, the world is crazy as he** right now. 

Epi, I've often wondered if they could remove your tailbone surgically.  Now you've answered that question.  Being connected to the spine more or less I can see why getting rid of it may not solve the problem.

Viva923, Geez I hope that you will be okay with Fay moving up the coast.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

did do chores,

got walk in.

Fay,tropical storm, moved in early this morn. heavy duty rain but steady, not much wind right now.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hey all

rain gauge said 3 1/4 inch of rain for us. Dover got over 5 inch.

tried to take walk after dinner, but it was a misty rain so i just gave up and  came in.

ok guys tomorrow 

Honored Contributor

I fell asleep listening to rain falling on the roof last night.  I was up early and opened some windows so that I could let the house breathe while the getting is good Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day

did chores, cleaned junk room, defrost chest freezer (yearly defrost)

ok guys later

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much tonight. Took me forever  to get on the boards.

not much else, see all tomorrow

Respected Contributor

Bernie I really love those fruitless mulberry trees. Greatest shade tree - well almost - there is. My Dad said that many years ago people did not want a fruitless mulberry - I love them

Horribly hot ans sticky here today and the same the next two days. Am NOT looking forward to that. What a job in this weather

Stay cool everyone - I am ready for bed - hope I can sleep without sweating - past few nights I have awakened around midnight soaking wet. Have a hunch it will be the same tonight.

Honored Contributor

hey all

did more chores today to get them done for the week. have appoint's this week so got things done early,less for me to do this week

not to much going on around here.did get walk in. it is hot and humid again today

ok guys later.