Honored Contributor

Re: JULY 2020 Back Fence Gathering

hey ALL

not much going on here.

had some nasty electrical storms this evening. Still thundering in distance.

not much else, tomorrow guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much going on . Did chores and got morn walk in. Looks like rain one minute, sun out the next minute.

not much else guys will check in later

Honored Contributor

Hey everyone, not much to report here other than ugly hot weather.  I watered the back yard yesterday and am watering the front yard now (sun is behind the house).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

nothing new to report tonight. Had rain showers this evening. Was light enough to walk with my umbrella.

still warm and humid tonight. Later guys

Honored Contributor

We got some rain today and yes I almost ran out to the patio to do this... 

Happy 26th Birthday, GIF! Let's Party | Charlie brown y snoopy, La ...

I forgot to mention on Monday - I made an appointment for a company to come out and quote me a new garage door.  I've wanted to replace the one I have for years.... So of course, then I started thinking about replacing the shutters. 

I can buy the vinyl/resin whatever they are made of in navy which is the color I want.  I just would need to hire someone to hang them on the 5 second story windows.  I think I can easily swap the shutters on the first floor and the entrance door myself.

I don't know about getting on an extension ladder any more - I think I'm losing my nerve.

I started looking at my mailbox (on a post) near the front porch stairs.  That should probably go too and be replaced.

Boy, one things leads to another. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

hey all

not to much here.

busy day

picked up my glasses from eye place.

did chores, got walks in boy is it humid.

ok guys later.

Trusted Contributor

Just went outside,thought I'd sit on the deck for a while. Not gonna' happen. It's still almost 90 deg. At 8 at night,and the humidity is unbearable, when is this going to stop?😞
Birdmama,you know darn well the minute you start a home project it just snowballs and ends up being way more than you planned 😃.it will be really nice by the time your done,but ,please,please,don't get on a ladder to do the second story shutters.

viva,hope your foot is healing O K.

im starting to get cabin fever. I don't go out much,but this is starting to get to me. I only go grocery shopping,no where else. Oh well,irs best we stay home and stay healthy.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   How are you feeling?  Does the doctor have any other ideas to help you with the pain?

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! So sticky out here in Sou Cal. Temps not all that high - hottest so far has been in the low 90s but the air is full of humid stuff. I have a really hard time in that weather - always have - and wearing everything I now have to wear around my head - sure makes it more difficult.

Davey is still ignoring me - so sad and it is hurtful his Father is egging him on. What is wrong with people?  I know, it is called $$$ They both have received some of that unemployment stuff and I still do NOT agree with Davey gtting one cent. He has never worked. Oh well.

Electricity went off quickly early evening and then right back on.  Only had The clocks all reset themselves but the TV, etc was the only thing I had to work at. LOL. The electric company said they had no outages so I guess I have to wonder why. Have not had that trouble in years until these hot spells. Davey is not here running a million of his electric gadgets either. LOL.

Shannon came up yesterday and mowed the lawn for trash pickup today - I appreciate it. Too hot to sit outside - I sure miss my two big trees which died in the back yard. They were great and also helped keep the house cooler.. Planted one replacement last Fall and it is doing well but doubtg if I will ever see it get to it's maturity. These are fruitless mulberries - great shade trees. The other dead tree is still there - was waiting for it to become mose fragile as it is easier to get up. If I call someone in now I would have to pay a fortune - may have to anyway. I have already cut it sway back and may have Shannon cut it back some more - can get it down to where it can be removed easier.

Interesting thing yesterday - was in Redlandss so stopped at Albertson's to pick up a few things. Their debit card stuff was on the blink - security met you at the dorr when you came in saying sorry but you had to use a check or credit card. So I wrote out my check and they refused it. I had never used a check there so they had no record of me?? Told them that was stupid so had to use my credit card. Have never in my life been turned down using a check. OH well.

Hope all have a great day.

Trusted Contributor

thanks for asking Birdmama,things are no better. The Drs) office calls once a month for RX refill. If I need the Dr. will call on a certain day and I can talk with him. They will be calling in a few days. 
sometimes the pain is just annoying and other days it makes me unable to function normally. Using ice packs helps some,but sitting a long time isn't a good idea. This has been going on for years with no one telling me why. One Dr  said he would remove my coccyx if I wanted,but reading about it I found out doesn't always solve the problem. Just is what it is,no one has found a medical reason.