Honored Contributor

Re: JULY 2020 Back Fence Gathering

hey all

big toe is just plain sore now. did do some chores today. dh did a quick walmart run, he is back  reading his emails.

NO walk today. so we both are vegging out.

OK guys later

Honored Contributor

My sister is coming over for a simple meal.  We're gonna have to have it inside in the A/C - it's too hot outside.

I'm happy to share:

- Oscar Mayer beef franks  (toppings include mustard, catsup, chili, onions,

cheese)

- Del Monte summer crisp corn

- Baked Beans

- Macaroni salad

- Potato chips

- Cheese cake, ice cream sandwiches, sugar cookies shaped like stars

(gotta have my junk food)

Water, coffee, orange juice and canada dry gingerale to drink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

big toe is just plain sore now. did do some chores today. dh did a quick walmart run, he is back  reading his emails.

NO walk today. so we both are vegging out.

OK guys later

Sorry about that toe. Stay off that foot and rest. It is not worth getting an infection and getting sick.Take care.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much else is going on no walk not use to this vegging out.

it is overcast look like rain super humid very damp outside.

watching an old Ron Reagan movie 1942 now.

OK guys later.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW,those planes going to the Washington 4th celebrations sounds like there going to land on our rooftop.hubby keeps running outside to see them.

I remember the days when the kids were little and we would watch the fireworks from the White House lawn.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

some dummy set off fireworks in the middle of our cull de sac which caused debris to fly everywhere causing much panic about debris landing on roofs of houses. No houses were injured thank heavens.

not much here today

i did 2 walks today. Morn walk was not far, about 1/2 mile wanted to see how foot felt and would do. Did a full walk this afternoon foot did good. I wore an older pair of walkers today the soles are more cushioned and higher off the black top to less slamming of my foot on the ground. I did ok.  Tomorrow back to full walks

tonight I get to take a full shower, can cut off the guaze wrap and wash toe.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hey all

just wanted to say good night , not much else, tomorrow all

Honored Contributor

I had a nice visit with my sister on the 4th.  People went nuts with fireworks around me.  I think the family a couple of doors down was aiming their fireworks into the school field behind our properties.  There's been no rain since June 25th and I have expected to see a grass fire.

People two doors down from my sister set off fireworks - in the street no less.  She was mad because there was fireworks garbage on  her property and a couple of things that she couldn't reach on the roof of her house.

Her roof is three years old - I had her house and garage re-roofed as a birthday gift to her.  It wasn't a cheap grade roof either and I know my sister wanted to slap somebody when she saw stuff stuck to her roof.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

watching movie no time for sergeants movie a very funny movie with Andy Griffith.

got morn walk in, chores done. Dh is working 72 hours this week so am alone pretty much all week till next week monday. Someone took vacation dh has to fill in

ok guys later.

Trusted Contributor

I think with so many public fireworks cancelled neighbors decided to entertain us.  There is a cul de sac behind me and I think every house shot off fireworks.  Then I saw a big blaze beside me and those neighbors sat off some red and blue balls that went on and on midst a flame.   It seemed like streets went into competition I don’t mind seeing them from afar but I hate the booms.  The poor animals.   One dog went running through the yard. Don’t know whose it was but it was not stopping for sure 

The air was filled with reddish fog.  It lasted through morning hours.   I thought it might be the same thing last night but it seems they used them all on the 4th.  I just shut the doors and curtains.  Our Grandson and his family made it home safely from Hilton head. We are staying away from each other for a while.  I watered flowers and part of the yardthe yard at 4 am.   Much better water pressure then. 

The neighbors who shot off the balls left their mess in their yard. Didn’t even pick up the cans they drank from on the 4th. They are still there. Maybe they went some place cause I haven’t heard their kids.