Respected Contributor

JULY 2020 Back Fence Gathering

Ooops, forgot yesterday was July 1st. Anyone has the right to start any threads. Yes, I have been here since the start of both the Bird Nest and Back Fence but I do not own them - no one does. So if I am working in reverse start either of them. When you get as old as me and as feeble you can use all t he help you can get.  LOL

Rather overcast outside this morning but it is suppose to heat up.

Hey, I am excited, going to a Beauty Shop late morning - found someone to do my hair and they are all open now. Yippee. The gal who was doing my hair called me prior to the shut down saying she did not want me to get hurt at the shop so she would not be doing my hair any more.???????. Figured she was going to drop me - after almost 10 years - as she had already made a big speech about me being the only customer she had that she still gave Perms to and roll up their hair on curlers. Also the time before that speech I went for my regular appointment -= it was horrible. I had to wait and wait - I was on time - always am - and it took 3 people to do my hair. My regular hairdresser was waiting on someone else the entire time. I had already gotten the message she was not interested in having me as a customer any more. Not sure why and I also wonder if she is still at that shop. She had worked at about 7 different shops in the past 10 years. That to me was strange. The lady I had before her did my hair for 30 years - loved her. Unfortunately she passed away with cancer. She was so funny.

AT any rate. Had best go get another cup of coffee

Have a great day everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: JULY 2020 Back Fence Gathering

Winifred, I'd love to check in with y'all. At work, waiting for a cohort to arrive to pass off a key. Just waiting to go home. Working 2 mornings a week until we hear otherwise. Enjoy your salon visit. Loved getting layers back in my head after 4 months of letting things grow and hang. I have a med length bob with layers. I'm taking a lot less for granted now, how abouit you?. Take care.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Thanks for shoring up the Back Fence @Winifred   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

thanks Winifred for getting us up and running for July. Hope your hair looks beautiful l thank goodness we get our har done by a girl who works out of her house,so she never was closed. 
my gracious it's hot here in Va. it's to be 98 deg. tomorrow. And only get as low as 76 at night. 

well I hate to sound like a broken record,but this pain is getting to me. Took a weeks worth of steroids and they did nothing. I have had this pain in my Coccyx(tailbone) for years on and off and no one has discovered the cause. I have had injections from at least 5dr. to no avail. Getting a little oftires of it. Using a ice pack helps some,but can only use so many. Lidocaine patches help,but they can only be worn 12 hours out of 24. So,guess I'll have to see if my painDr. Has any tricks up his sleeve when I talk to him again this month. 
everyone stay cool,and wear your masks 😷

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much tonight.

thanks for July new thread and alert

watching my old movies again tonight

ok guys see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

Whoo it is hot, hot, hot in my part of Michigan. 

I've been up since 6 am and I've been watering/soaking the backyard since 6:30 am.  I have a skinny patch of grass on the side of the house and some rose of sharon (shrubs? trees? I don't know) to water and I'm done.

I made a quick run to the grocery store this morning for a few things that they were out of on Monday.  When I say I was in and out, I had it done it like 20 mins.

I'm leaving a cooler of popsicles.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  Thank you for the treats. It is also hot hot hot here at my part of the fence in SW Michigan and it will continue for days.

Unfortunately the beaches on this side are crowded and no one is wearing masks or social distancing.

I wish all a wonderful week-end.

Honored Contributor

You know @hellie jo  I don't understand it.  Back in 1917 when the last pandemic ripped through the nation, if people had the money to buy newspapers then that's where they learned about it.  Okay, I wasn't around then, maybe it was talked about on radio?

It's 2020, information is shared as soon as it happens. All that the citizens had to watch was their news (I'm talking nightly news on NBC or ABC or CBS - didn't even need cable TV) to see dead bodies being rolled out left and right in NYC when they were going through it.

I don't know what it's gonna take for more people to take this thing seriously.  I had to make a quick run to meijers for pre-mixed salad some ice cream sandwiches Woman Very Happy this morning and I saw folks not wearing masks.

I have no patience for a willful disregard of facts.

Honored Contributor

hey all

spent 1.5 hours in ER today. I was trimming my calloused toes and trimmed to close and gouged out a huge crater in the bottom of big toe and would not stop bleeding. Could not stitch so a dime size coagulation disc had to be applied and foot wrapped in guaze wrap. Can not get it wet to bath,well my garbage bag leaked so foot got wet,called ER and they said to get dry wrap and rewrap entire foot again. Elevate foot, ice pack foot, had to get a tentnus shot because of the huge deep gouge last one was 7 yrs ago.  That has been my day.

later guys.

Honored Contributor

Viva @viva923  wow, you had a really rotten day.  I hope your toe feels better sooner rather than later.