Respected Contributor

Re: JILL BAUER ON HODA AND JENNA

@mspatmac wrote:

Have we become so sensitive that we take exception to such an innocuous comment? It wasn't a derogatory remark anymore than saying her hair was lighter or her dress was really cute on her.  If she was bashed for gaining weight or anything else it would be a different story. 

My thoughts exactly. 

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

My neice is so sensitive about weight. Family was told that she does not

want to hear any remarks on people gaining or losing weight when we

are around her. A lot of other subjects too, every one has to walk on 

eggshells.

Well thats gotta make for some great holiday dinners .....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sann wrote:

If someone told me I looked like I had lost weight I would consider it a compliment.

Most people wouldn't if they lost their weight due to illness, or they had to lose weight to keep or get a job.  That weight loss would be painful. If one were known to be trying to lose weight for their own purpose, and were successful, they would probably be happy to be complimented for their succcess in their efforts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2   It's been discussed several times here while she was a host that she bad knees, couldn't exercise as much as she'd like and gained a little weight. It was also said that's why during her "shifts", she preferred to stand or sit behind the display table. 

I didn't make a judgement that she looked better or worse, just made a comment. 

Certainly, Shawn and other hosts have taken more heat here and posters piled on.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the support @amyb. It seems posts are really scrutinized so much, they have to be proofread many times to be sure no one could possibly be offended or think there's a chance someone's feelings may be hurt. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think I caught just a little bit of one of her segments on NBC, I have tuned into her fb though. I always like Jill, good for her- she has certainly done well. 

As far as the weight loss comment- I don't have an issue with OP commenting on Jill's apparant weight loss. I certainly don't think that was meant as an insult, I took it as complimentary. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  you didn´t even have to respond.

I come here to read and I also make comments, but my goodness.

I just checked to see what Forum this was.

Some one is having a BAD day!!

Honored Contributor

@Sage04   I appreciate your comments. Some people have a bad day and need to make it bad for everyone. Sad, right?

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

So nice to hear about Jill's ventures since the Q but what an offhanded remark about another womans weight. I never thought of Jill being anything but perfect. Your comment would have been so much more heartfelt and kinder if her weight wasn't mentioned. JMO

The OP clearly intended to pay Jill a compliment.  Jill herself would sometimes say she'd like to lose a few pounds, so if she did, why would you choose to take offense on her behalf, while criticizing a poster who meant well? 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ID2   It's been discussed several times here while she was a host that she bad knees, couldn't exercise as much as she'd like and gained a little weight. It was also said that's why during her "shifts", she preferred to stand or sit behind the display table. 

I didn't make a judgement that she looked better or worse, just made a comment. 

Certainly, Shawn and other hosts have taken more heat here and posters piled on.

@ShanusYou have nothing to apologize for.  It was obvious to anyone without a chip on her shoulder that you were complimenting Jill.