Honored Contributor

J.C. penny planning new store

Somewhere in Texas.It will have childcare,exercise classes,restaurant,hair and makeup salon.There will be interactive shopping where your purchases will be brought to you.What do you think?

Respected Contributor

Re: J.C. penny planning new store

That's interesting.....all the J C Penney's near us have closed.  As have all the Sears stores.  Unles they have robots bringing the items to the customers, I think it will be too expensive to work.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

That's interesting.....all the J C Penney's near us have closed.  As have all the Sears stores.  Unles they have robots bringing the items to the customers, I think it will be too expensive to work.

I can see many problems too but it sure sounds like a fun idea.

Honored Contributor

I hope it's a success. It will be interesting to see how it is received. Definitely a bold move. 

BTW, topcashback,com is offering an 11% rebate for Penney's if you shop through their site. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dex :  Except for exercise classes, this isn't a new concept; as a child I had all of this and more (amazing automechanicals at Christmas) every time I went to any flagship department store in downtown D.C. (same was true of any major city in America).

Honored Contributor

It's interesting.  It sounds like a lifestyle destination where you can do some shopping, if want to.  If not, there are other ways for you to spend money with them.

Respected Contributor

This sounds like a stellar idea to me but we will have to see how it pans out.  I so miss the jc Penney we had in our area, it was 26.2 miles from my house but I made many trips there.  My mom and I made numerous purchases and enjoyed the experience.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure this concept is the answer,  but I'd love to see JC Penny succeed and return to operating in the black.  They are a good company that has had a string of CEOs who didn't know what they were doing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@patbzlol  I never even saw a major American city until I was an adult.  And certainly never was in  a store like JCP wantrs to try.

They have to try something -  Along with Macy's, Nordstrom, Kohl's, Chico's and 10 more, JCP was on a list of 15 companies in need of a really good holiday season.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Somewhere in Texas.It will have childcare,exercise classes,restaurant,hair and makeup salon.There will be interactive shopping where your purchases will be brought to you.What do you think?

You know what would be awesome would be if they had fashion shows for the shoppers just like they did in department stores and fashion boutiques in the movies from the 30-50s. I'd go. I'd get my nails painted Jungle Red...try on some gowns and negligiees...gossip a little...and be sure to get Crystal from the perfume counter fired! (The Women reference)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr