Valued Contributor

Its me keeper of the koi, a little bit of country life..

Had to reregister it is keeper of the koi..A few things i would like to share....

This morning as i walked little  Riley, the smell of lilacs and lily of the valley was Heavenly  ,  Our employees passed by with trucks full of new hay bales,so sweet the smell of life...I missed you  posters, i hope your lives are filled with the simple joys  of  life... Collect memories from the small  stuff, hide them in your heart, these days of spring are to remind us of  sweet days ahead.  Love and hugs to everyone, Maryanne

Honored Contributor

Re: Its me keeper of the koi, a little bit of country life..

So glad you are back,

Image result for sending hugs images

Trusted Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi ~ Your posts are so lovely!  Yesterday I worked so hard in our yard.  I planted, picked up sticks, watered and decorated with potted flowers.  It was nice to walk through the yard this morning and take in everything I did.  Even nicer were our fish in the pond ~ four koi and one goldfish I have grown very attached to.  They are good company!  Then just this afternoon I saw our very first ruby-throated hummingbird of the season!  I love this time of year!

Valued Contributor

Re:: Its me keeper of the koi, a little bit of country life..

@meallen616, I love you dear friend i missed you too

lots going on our employees dh is now at rest. thank you for replying ,hugs and love, MaryAnne 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie928 I love my koi , one of my beautiful  girls  ls is 26 inches long this spring ,we call her nuggie, she was shipped from japan in a baggie in a box  5 years ago,she is so beautiful, I am so happy to hear you love yours .They have very distinct personalities  dont They?so happy to hear from you, hugs and love,Maryanne 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband gets a  big laugh , i fill the house with canning  jars full of magnolias, daffodils , hyachth ,dogwood, lilly of the valley... I often tell him this must be what heaven smells  like. .All this beauty...He says you have heaven right here dont get any ideas... These are memories so perfect, beautiful ,i will remember these as long as i am here.Money cant buy you beauty ,real beauty.. love to you all...Maryanne 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Maryanne.   The same to you.  I really enjoy my country life as well.   My unpredictable weather this year has  been a little to wet for working in the fields.  My small family farm now leases it's land out so I can still enjoy the sights and smells.  The family working the land travels several miles but they do a great job.  Often I see the mother and DIL are the ones driving the huge equipment as it goes by.  It is truly a local family effort.

Here in central NY I had heavy rain and high winds several days/nights.  Wednesday PM we had a tornado watch.  I got up at 4:30AM to take someone out off town. There was a heavy frost overnight and had to defrost before leaving.  Cold and rain again today.

I always wait for the smell of my lilacs.   They were just about to open and now I am afraid they have been ruined for this year.  The wind has shortened the life of my spring bulbs.  I can't wait for weather that will allow me to prepare my beds for planting this year.

My weather problems pale compared to the horrible happenings in other parts of our country.   I am so blessed to be able to live where I do.  True weather extremes seldom hit here.  It just causes us an inconvenience from time to time.  

I pray for the life and safety of all those hit by the storms that have devistated their area this week.   Our world is beautiful but the warm sun that we all enjoy can quickly change and tear our communities to pieces in a heartbeat.

Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi Missed hearing from you.I have wondered where you were but happy you are back and passing out the happy thoughts to us.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex, our employee lost her  husband ,so i was running low on happy!But i though of you often, love and hugs dear friend ,happy to hear your voice! Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi@That is a sad time in life and there are never any words that can be said to ease the sadness.i am sure that you offered your best comfort to their family and that it was appreciated.I have never met anyone as caring as you.