Trusted Contributor

Re: Items To Return To Closed Stores

im almost positive all closed stores will definetely extend the return policy.. im a member somewhere and they are even adding all the time they were closed to my yearly membership.

Regular Contributor

I have a couple of things to return to my local Kohls.  Just a short drive from my home so I am (im)patiently waiting until they open up again.  Really wish they offered free return shipping.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   I have called a few sites that are doing free returns even if not mentioned on site. If they didn't, they'd be out of business...only way to sell is online now. Most offer free shipping both ways.

Honored Contributor

Has anyone thought about whether or not we want to end up purchasing inventory that's been lying around in bags, cars, homes for several months? Ewwwwh! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG   I have called a few sites that are doing free returns even if not mentioned on site. If they didn't, they'd be out of business...only way to sell is online now. Most offer free shipping both ways.

@Shanus Thanks.  I redid my tanks from J Jill.  One style was completely running so small they could really fit a skinny medium.  In the cotton v neck tanks, they were true to size!

Respected Contributor

I was at Walmart last week & actually found a package of TP & didn't notice until I was home & looked at my receipt that the cashier had rang it up twice.   I was in a hurry to just get out of there & didn't look at my receipt before I'd left the store.  I called the store's CS line (this was after the store had closed for the day, so was surprised to even get an answer) & asked if they'd believe me if I told them I'd been charged twice for one pkg. of TP & credit my CC back? She told me that their CS folks are not on duty right now due to the virus & when the CS dept reopens, to tell them that there was no way I could buy 2, since there's a limit of 1 pkg per customer right now.  She couldn't tell me when they'd be taking returns & giving credits again, so we'll see!

Respected Contributor

I miss going to the brick and mortar stores.

I miss seeing what I am buying before buying it.

I miss not be able to return an item to the store, even if I had purchased it online. I miss that convenience. I do not want to pay for shipping it back when I was able to return it and saved that money.

I purchased an item from the Paper Store and it needs to be returned. The customer service department told me they are no longer sending out return labels and if I wanted to return it I would have to pay the cost, or wait until the store in my area reopens. It would be costly to return the item so I am waiting it out.

Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

I miss going to the brick and mortar stores.

I miss seeing what I am buying before buying it.

I miss not be able to return an item to the store, even if I had purchased it online. I miss that convenience. I do not want to pay for shipping it back when I was able to return it and saved that money.

I purchased an item from the Paper Store and it needs to be returned. The customer service department told me they are no longer sending out return labels and if I wanted to return it I would have to pay the cost, or wait until the store in my area reopens. It would be costly to return the item so I am waiting it out.

@chiclets You and I are in the same boat.  I'm not paying to return things that the stores are 20 min away!!!