Honored Contributor

Nope--summer is gone where I live in Western WA state--been cloudy and rainy and cool for weeks now. May have a dry, sunny day once in awhile---trees are turning color and the air is cool ----wearing my warm clothes and shoes now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Still summer here in SO CAL--90's today.

Honored Contributor

I can't go by the calendar.  It was 86 here yesterday.

I keep all my clothes in the closet.  It's just easier that way. 

Honored Contributor

Still warm and HUMID in Wisconsin. Like @ID2 said, it's nice to move towards fall colors but stay with lighter weight fabrics. The time for sweatshirts and cardigans will be here soon enough.

Respected Contributor

It is still summer here too  Smiley Sad  No sign of the Fall yet!  It is about 15 degrees above average they said on the weather.  Tired of the heat and humidity!

Esteemed Contributor

Mother Nature doesn't seem to follow the calendar as far as when fall begins. Next week, we are back to the high 80's and 90's. I am so over hot weather. This year it's been about 5 months of really hot/humid days.

Esteemed Contributor

I will change my closet today from summer to fall. I always leave some summer things out. As I do when I put my Fall and winter things away for summer. WIth the change of the weather  until the weather settles into a pattern we can have warm weather here in the east coast until November. I think it is called Indian Summer?

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Oh we always have very warm summer-like weather well into Sept and Oct. I change over my clothing at Labor Day. I have lightweight Fall colors I wear when the seasons change but its still warm. I won't wear anything white (just can't do it). 

You know what never can I.Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

It's still summer here in SW Michigan as well, and there are no signs of the 80's leaving us any time soon. My nosy neighbors were quite dismayed yesterday to see me in running shorts and a tank all day, while they were bundled up in fleece and other warm clothing "because it's September". It was 85 degrees, they had to have been melting. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I just got a text from a friend, made me laugh.  It said  "ok you're right, it's still summer".  The last time we talked, she said she'd put away all her summer things.  All her sandals, her summer bags, her ankle pants.  She went totally into Fall mode and when I said that she might regret not keeping a few summer things out, she scoffed...yes scoffed at me...LOL   And she announced that Fall was here!.  So, anyway.  Today is bright and sunny and gorgeous and 72 and we can look foward to sunny mid 80's tomorrow through Monday.  Hence the text...LOL   She's funny.  She tends to confuse what the shopping channels are showing  and what is in the stores with what the weather is.  She forgets that there's still a lot of warm weather in September and the first half of October.    

They may be showing boots & sweaters now but I'm not yet packing my summer things away.  I'm in southeastern PA and after a few weeks of cool weather it will be going up to almost 90(!!) today & tomorrow!  I have some transitional shoes & clothing for this time of year but it really doesn't stay cool around here until the end of October.