Honored Contributor

I just got a text from a friend, made me laugh.  It said  "ok you're right, it's still summer".  The last time we talked, she said she'd put away all her summer things.  All her sandals, her summer bags, her ankle pants.  She went totally into Fall mode and when I said that she might regret not keeping a few summer things out, she scoffed...yes scoffed at me...LOL   And she announced that Fall was here!.  So, anyway.  Today is bright and sunny and gorgeous and 72 and we can look foward to sunny mid 80's tomorrow through Monday.  Hence the text...LOL   She's funny.  She tends to confuse what the shopping channels are showing  and what is in the stores with what the weather is.  She forgets that there's still a lot of warm weather in September and the first half of October.    

Trusted Contributor

Maybe your friend is like me.... I live in AZ.... I wish for fall... summer is so hot.... so she thinks that if she acts like fall is here that it will be here?  lol....

Thanks for sharing this story... I used to live in the midwest and made the mistake of putting my seasonal wardrobe away too soon... sometimes it would change seasons for a month and then the weather would change back.... we never knew!

Honored Contributor

Yes, temperatures in the 80's here this weekend.  It will probably stay summery until mid-October, then we'll have a couple weeks of Fall, then we'll be gripped by Winter's cold.

Esteemed Contributor

first day of Fall is 9/23...but more importantly....my granddaughter's 17th birthday!

Esteemed Contributor

It's so ridiculously hot here in Tennessee. It's really getting old and depressing. It seems that the daytime temperatures just will not be less than the 90s! And, it's humid. Can't wait for snow, ice, fog, gray days, sleet, shivering, etc.

Honored Contributor

It's still warm during the day where I live, but as soon as the sun goes down it gets cool. The hummingbirds are still around though.

Honored Contributor

Re: It's still summer...

[ Edited ]

NC and neighboring states seem to have lost fall...goes from summer, a few weeks of somewhat cooler weather, a month of “winter” (never wore my coat, a long BD cardigan was sufficient) and then back to warmer weather.

I’ve whittled down my wardrobe to mostly 4 season clothing with sweaters & blazers so I can just layer as weather changes. I don’t have patience as I’ve gotten older to pack & unpack wool sweaters, coats and wool slacks. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is a shot from my house - the bottom # is the outdoor temp that day.  I was happy to be warm and inside, that's for sure!

We get what many call "Indian Summer", well into October, but then again, I've known it to snow on Columbus Day.  What my area now needs is RAIN.  It is a mild 60 degrees right now, very pleasant, but it has been bone dry for 2 months.  I'm on the Eastern Seaboard.

IMG_0300.JPG

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Oh we always have very warm summer-like weather well into Sept and Oct. I change over my clothing at Labor Day. I have lightweight Fall colors I wear when the seasons change but its still warm. I won't wear anything white (just can't do it). 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Your friend must not live in SO Cal. Hotter than H.