Respected Contributor

Re: It's official: going through my second teenagerhood in music

[ Edited ]

loved Queen but my favorites were Chicago, ELO, Hall & Oates.  Loved Genesis too, and wham!  Can’t forget Billy Joel and Elton together in concert.  Probably my favorite concert of all time. I probably went only to 20 concerts as a teenager /early 20’s and back then the concerts were MUCH cheaper than today’s.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut   It was another poster & thread who felt "old as dirt"

Valued Contributor

Last night to relieve hurricane stress we went to see a local band . During one song, I turned to DH and said,  “We saw Chicago 50 1/2years ago at college!”  Imagine half a century. Also, “discovered” Billy Joel as unknown backup tp J.Geils Band 1972? Agree Joel and Elton was a fabulous concert.Looking forward to Christopher Cross in Sept. Wish they had senior discounts for concerts!!! Listen to Yacht Rock on Sirius Radio. Love the 70/80’ s music.

Respected Contributor

About a year ago while listening to music on the car radio I heard a singer called Lobo.

I never heard his music before. Searched online at Barnes and Noble and heard his songs.

I purchased his CD.

Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@haddon9 

I'd heard about Marc Martel doing FM's voice, but this was truly enlightening.  He's a wonder in his own right.

Thank you!

@denisemb  @haddon9  I saw Marc Martel in concert friday night- omg I was in tears! He was THAT good- humble and very endearing to the audience too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

I saw Queen and many rock bands in concert.  I'm eternally young.  I wonder how it was for my parents who enjoyed music from the Big Band Era, to adjust to the rock music that my sisters and I listed to?  ROCK WILL NEVER DIE!!!

@Sweet Caroline 1  I've read many studies that say attending musical events keeps you young. I'll add that to my regimen of eating right (most of the time!) and exercising!! Love my concerts, broadway shows, etc etc....

Super Contributor

80's music for me. Recently I am  back to listening to suddenly last Summer from The Motels a few times a day. The commercial for American Horror Story reminded me of that song I used to 

love when I was a teen. How I miss those days.

Honored Contributor

I've always liked them, whatever CD's I have are buried upstairs.  I put away my CD's because I about wore them out as well as memorizing them.  But a three disc set?  I'm sure I don't have that.  Off to Amazon I go.  I also like Boston and Journey from that era.