Valued Contributor

It's not over till its over,angels and a healing...

[ Edited ]

This week healing and faith in life has been looming over me,simmering ,waiting to spill over,So this is about a cat, but not really, I think it is useful in life in many circumstances,so if you follow me,I think you will see where this is more about answered prayers, a healing and Mysterious things we can't see...

I have a cat named Peaches, She was a stray,a beautiful orange and white big round faced girl.I have had  her for a long while,the vet cant tell how old she really is,but she is sweet and rare.A female orange Morris type cat is unusual, they are almost always male!She was my constant companion.That is until about 2 weeks ago....She started  to fade,if you love cats ,you know that fade.They age almost overnite,get thinner, tired.Oh no,a vet visit she was ok just aging.I knew that his day would come,I moped watched her like a hawk.than she dsappeared .We have lots of property,barns double fences.Nothing comes in ,nothing goes out.For several days I walked acres looked everywhere.I only wanted to bring her home.One last goodbye.To feel that soft fur,tell her we loved her.My precious husband reminded me,how we had loved her,she knew...We will find her.Lay her to rest.He was upset as well, Our family was not the same,  it was  a cat but she represented so much more...She was part

of our family she was gone.It settled over our hearts like a cloud,one more sadness,there had been many these few months. 

I would find myself calling her name out every door I passed,Please I prayed send an angel to her,hold her, left her not pass alone..This went on for several days,until...I gave up hope.I laid down,I kid you not,I saw her,she was with me,I had no fear,it felt peaceful.Was it a dream, a bit of comfort sent from the creator.?...I got up went to the door and said once more,Peaches,mommy loves you. I heard a noise, no it is my mind playing tricks, no trick, she walked out of shadows as perfect as can be,no faded look ,,happy.I yelled to my husband come here!As he stood with me looking she walked past us,  jumped upon the couch, as if nothing happened. 

I know now,it's not over until it's really over,I do believe she found a healing  somewhere,someone heard our love,and showed us a small important miracle. Life still held hope and promise.We do not walk alone,faith is restored . If you are facing a mountain pray for a set of steps..

So you see it really isn't about a cat, but angels,healing and the awe that is part of lifes journey...Hugs,hope and faith...Maryanne 

QVC Customer Care

Re: It's not over till its over,angels and a healing...

Esteemed Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi  MaryAnne, That was beautiful!! Life’s lesson that we should never give up & hold hope in our hearts.

Today would have been my dad’s birthday.I woke up with an ache in my heart.I wanted to talk to him & hug him so badly.I pulled out an album of pictures.I sat on my patio & looked through It. I reflected on each picture of my dad & I in happy times.As I was putting the album away a letter fell out of one of the pockets.It was a letter dad had written me when I graduated from college.It was loving & sweet.

Dad ended the letter by telling me that no matter where life takes me I will always be in his heart!! I think I still am. I know he’s in mine!!

God bless you dear friend!! 

Respected Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi

Thank you for posting that amazing story.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi  Boy, that's some story. We really love our animals don't we.

Valued Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi With tears in my eyes, I write this response. I cannot imagine the joy you felt when you saw peaches. There truly is a God and He is merciful and desires to answer our prayers. We just have to trust completely. For me, trusting is difficult on some days. Your post reminds me that there are no limits for Our Creator. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Trusted Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi: Thanks for that beautiful reminder....

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still keeper of the koi

Amazing story. Thank you so much for sharing it. My kitties are my babies and I have had many awesome experiences in miracles and answered prayer through my cats. God takes care of our animals and he loves them too. ❤❤❤

One more thing.... I have a cat named Peaches too!

Respected Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi Thank you for posting that.  It brought tears to my eyes.

I had cats many years ago and they brought such joy, even though at times, they just look irritated with having to deal with humans.  Give Peaches a hug and kiss from me!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing, OP.

I've had some interesting encounters too.  Just two...

Mom was on home hospice for a year and then inpatient at  hospice for 5 weeks.  I asked her to send me a sign.  Mom died at Thanksgiving.  A while later, she came to me.  I know her presence was there that night, that it wasn't just a dream.  It was very reassuring and healing.

The week after my uncle died (we were very close), I was mulching leaves and kept smelling something.  I thought my mower was going to blow up.   Then I realized it was the scent of his cough drops.  The second I realized that, the smell disappeared.