Honored Contributor

Re: It's a bit chilly for March 2018 at the BACK FENCE. Brrr. Come on down!

Geez, I just visited a fashion thread and learned that the east coast is expecting snow, lots of it.  Gerry my groundhog was sunning him or herself on my front porch over the weekend.  I sure hope we don't get hit with snow now that the groundhog woke up.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

It's cold here and windy.  Looks like the sun is trying its best.   

When Natalie was here on Sunday she accidently spilled chocolate milk on my white carpet.  We sopped it up as much as possible. She then manned the spray bottle while we tried to lift the stain. It was looking better and she said to me when she was leaving. That was kinda fun.  

I found my box of Oxiclean and gave it a good scrub.  It is dry now so will vacuum and then rinse the rest out. Don't know if it will all get out but when it blends into the rest should be pretty good til I call in carpet cleaners.  

Merle scraped his arm on the attic ladder as he was bringing down my suitcase.  He said it wasn't anything.  Last night I caught him trying to wrap an elastic bandage around his arm. It was still bleeding.  When you take blood thinners, that happens.  Still I thought he had bled enough so I said let's see if the tea bag works on the arm as well as the tooth.  It absolutely does. 

Speaking of teeth, he got his stitches out yesterday now we go to june 29 for some kind of healing ring then two weeks after that I think the tooth goes on.  They will have to do impressions tho so don't know where that comes in.  Sure never thought it would take this long.  

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! Yep it is me! Just have not felt well - still don't - but decided I had best make some kind of an appearance. It is difficult for me emotionally to handle not feeling well on an ongoing basis. I have been so blessed by just not being any too sick most of my life and always have bounced back. Not so in the past year - everything hangs on and stays with me. So difficult for me to handle.

The predicted storm has not yet arrived - thank goodness - but am sure it will. My brain is also behaving like a storm I think. Am getting so irritated with everything. My medical group has gotten so stupid, in so many ways. Also cannot get a stupid prescription filled that is no big deal - well it should not be. But I am not alone in prescriptions. My friend Gaye has heart problems, she has a pacemaker and takes two kinds of heart meds - one is super expensive and usually tried to get it at Costco to save a bit of money - still costs her almost $200 every time she fills it. She is struggling to find enough to take daily -  she is her lifeline. Took her 12 days the last time to get her prescription filled. She, and her daughter were calling her MD and insurance, etc to try to get enough to cover here until she got her complete prescription filled. Something wrong here as heart and lung meds are getting difficult to get - the two organs in one's body you must have. Interesting. And my  pulmonary MD, he is only in his main office one week a month now - makes no sense- sure cuts back on getting to see your lifesaver. Grrr. 

Got things to do today and not looking forward to any of it. LOL. Hope one and all have a great day!!!! Stay warm and dry everyone. Betty, Merle still does not listen any too well does he? LOL!

Trusted Contributor

First day of spring and snow is on the ground.  I think Mother Nature has been sipping something.  

Its really cold too.  Yesterday I saw some birds in the air but they must have found a warm place to roost.  It would help if the sun would shine.  

Freddie I hope you got your errands run.  Hope all went well.  Did you get your prescription filled. Many times the delay is the time the insurance company will pay.  Did you make any progress on getting smaller oxygen tank?

Bernie I bet your head is spinning with all the stuff you want to tie up.   No one seems to take it seriously that you wont be there to get them out of s tough spot and heavens above if they took time to read notes.  

I thnk we are going to have lasagna for dinner.  Seems the right weather for it.   

Everybody else  hope you're doing well and hope some visitors will come back soon.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Figured now that it is Spring, I'd go clean our sunroom and get it ready for the season. The temperature was 37 so I postponed that project.

Trusted Contributor

we had snow also,in No. VA. Just enough to cover the grass and of course enough to close everything up,Ha.

not doing anything today anyway, I have such terrible pain in my coccyx I don't know what to do with myself.took muscle relaxer,pain meds,plus ibuprofen.guess ill go to bed early with ice pack.been laying on sofa all day.

Respected Contributor

We never have gotten all the rain and storming we were suppose to have yesterday. It was everywhere but here. Geesh. Did not miss all the extra water and believe it or not it was not real cold. Weird. We shall see what today brings.Am having real problems with Davey and I feel so bad about it as I thought he was turning the corner on some things. Told him last night he had to walk the trash containers around the house instead of thru the carport because of my temporary tarp door there. His DAD screwed it up  and it has to be fixed - guess I will have to hire someone to do it but right now we simply walk around. No big deal. He refused and cursed at me and just walked right through and pulled some of the tarp down. I was floored. I think I am calling his  Dad today and telling him Davey has to go so either he or Davey's Mother - Shannon - will have to start taking care of him. Neither can nor will do it - should be interesting. I am not feeling on top of the world and I cannot deal with that also. I have tried to get Davey in for counseling but he refuses to go. He is tons overweight and I cannot help him on that as he eats anything he sees. I will get it figured out but was so upset over how he spoke with me yesterday and the fact he did not fix his own mess he made. Do not want to hear that a lot of his behavior is a by typical boy. just will not buy it.

Birds got feeders filled yesterday however and speaking of energy. LOL no Betty, I have not gotten the concentrator to take with me. Cannot understand what is going on with today's medicine but am hearing it ain't just me. How very sad.

TEmps suppose to drop today - we will see if that happens. I could swear it is near April - this is too cold now for the end of March. Sigh.

Have a great day everyone - am leaving some very good coffee and rolls. Dig in.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Winifredwrote:

We never have gotten all the rain and storming we were suppose to have yesterday. It was everywhere but here. Geesh. Did not miss all the extra water and believe it or not it was not real cold. Weird. We shall see what today brings.Am having real problems with Davey and I feel so bad about it as I thought he was turning the corner on some things. Told him last night he had to walk the trash containers around the house instead of thru the carport because of my temporary tarp door there. His DAD screwed it up  and it has to be fixed - guess I will have to hire someone to do it but right now we simply walk around. No big deal. He refused and cursed at me and just walked right through and pulled some of the tarp down. I was floored. I think I am calling his  Dad today and telling him Davey has to go so either he or Davey's Mother - Shannon - will have to start taking care of him. Neither can nor will do it - should be interesting. I am not feeling on top of the world and I cannot deal with that also. I have tried to get Davey in for counseling but he refuses to go. He is tons overweight and I cannot help him on that as he eats anything he sees. I will get it figured out but was so upset over how he spoke with me yesterday and the fact he did not fix his own mess he made. Do not want to hear that a lot of his behavior is a by typical boy. just will not buy it.

Birds got feeders filled yesterday however and speaking of energy. LOL no Betty, I have not gotten the concentrator to take with me. Cannot understand what is going on with today's medicine but am hearing it ain't just me. How very sad.

TEmps suppose to drop today - we will see if that happens. I could swear it is near April - this is too cold now for the end of March. Sigh.

Have a great day everyone - am leaving some very good coffee and rolls. Dig in.

@Winifred-----sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well.

I don't know if I ever told you that I have been a practicing psychologist for 40+ years. I am in no way able to offer a diagnosis for Davey but I will assure you, with 100% certainty, his behavior is NOT typical boy. His weight is not typical either. His parents not wanting him is a huge issue of which he is undoubtedly aware.

Your intentions are so good and come from a place of love and caring but

this situation is way beyond your (or any family member's) abilities. The acting out of his rage will continue to escalate and the downward spiral will continue.

BTW----with children under our care, refusal to do something ,that the guardian adult deems appropriate, is simply NOT an option. 

Honored Contributor

Hello people, one week to go before I retire and it's really busy at work.

Freddie, your heart is in the right place - you're just over your head with all of this. This would be too much for someone 1/2 your age.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Freddie, please you must think of yourself and the younger children you are responsible for.  You have given that boy so much but he is deeply hurt and you can't fix it.  

Danky, thank you for pointing out some facts that must be dealt with.   This woman deserves some rest and peace and safety.