Trusted Contributor

Re: It's a bit chilly for March 2018 at the BACK FENCE. Brrr. Come on down!

Gosh, we are slipping here.  In more ways than one. Winter has returned.  I did get a new pair of sandals to hurry spring along and got new foot beds for my other ones.  Just getting around to fulfilling Ortho drs recommendation. I thought I was going to get a discount but instead just didn't need to pay tax which I guess is a Discount.    Went up a half size trying to avoid the swollen joint when it happens.  Got the rocker  soles on the new ones so am wearing them now to break them in. They kinda feel like Vionics but are more comfortable to me.  the store only had boring beige and they couldn't ship in another color in time before we leave for Florida. I'll just get a colorful pedicure.  

Honored Contributor

I've been a little under the weather 1/2 of the week.  I thought I was over it yesterday.  Not so, have a little congestion and laryngitis today.  I spent time with my great nieces last weekend and I fell ill on Wednesday.

Coincidence?????    I don't think so Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hope you're feeling better  birdmamma.  It's cold here and grey.  

For those if you that know Kim Johnson, shop til ydrop, she posted this on FB.  

Update on me....
For those that might not know, at the end of January, I slipped in my carport and ended up with a hairline type fracture in my tibia. I had instructions to stay off of it (as much as humanly possible). I went to stay with Mom for six weeks and a few days later got up for the morning and due to being extremely dehydrated, I blacked out and ended up on the floor and landing on my wrist. I really mangled both bones and it required surgery. After my hospital stay I ended up at a rehab facility in town. The physical therapists here have said I'm doing extremely well. I will see the surgeon next Friday for both my leg and wrist. I'm hoping I can put full weight on it so that I could finish up P.T. and head home within a couple of weeks.

I want to thank my family for all their help the past several weeks and my friends and co-workers for all the well wishes, cards, flowers, etc. but mostly for their prayers.

A lot of people have asked how I was doing and I couldn't answer everybody individually so decided to update with a (long) post.

I also want to thank everyone for the birthday visits and wishes. Again, I'm not able to thank everyone individually but want you all to know it was all appreciated.

Remember....stay hydrated.....drink LOTS of water!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

expecting 12-18 inches of snow on tuesday here in RI!

Honored Contributor

@nana59  Oh geez, I am sorry for you.  That is alot of snow to come down in one event.

Honored Contributor

@yock  The nickname sounds familiar - shoptillyadrop.  Has she been posting recently, like in the last 6 months?

I'm so sorry she broke her wrist - that's a tough one to recover from.  We put a lot of stress on our wrists doing the simplest of things like wringing a dishrag or facecloth.  Thanks for updating us Betty and I'll say a prayer that better days are ahead for Kim.

Trusted Contributor

She used to be s regular in the old days. She rarely comes on Q any more.  She posts occasionally on FB.  She actually lives in Infiana and works at a college. Merle and I have met her, such a nice person. Soushi and I had lunch with her when she was in our area.  She lost her father rather recently and I honk she and her mother kinda look after each other but she likes living indepently on her own. She loves to spend time o. Panama City Florida.  

The first time she she and I met, she brought me a picture frame with a fence on it.  Too young to havr all these accidents.  

Honored Contributor

Hello all, those antibiotics (5 day supply) that I had left over from when I was sick last April are coming in handy these days.  My fever started to return Sunday night the phlegm was getting worse so I started taking augmentin.  It's one pill, 2x a day, 12 hours apart.  Some nights I sleep okay, others not so much - hacking kind of dry cough.  I tried my Delsym cough syrup last night and got a few solid hours of sleep.

Honestly it never felt like it went towards my lungs.  I'd swear whatever infection I had stopped at the hollow of my throat.  

Strange.  I have my annual appointment with the endocrinologist next month.  I'll ask her if my thyroid is swollen - I can't tell, lol.

Trusted Contributor

I hope you get over that soon.  When I had it, it lasted three week or more. Mine seemed to stick In My throat also.  After it was over we went to church and I found I could no longer sing.  Not that I was great before but I couldn't believe that flat off key sound was coming out of my mouth.  It's probably my punishment for griping to our pew mates about the tempo snd many verses of the songs. 

Some of it has come back now but not enough to sing In Public.  it feels like I need to clear my throats all the time.  I have my thyroid test in june so we'll see if it is behaving  

Honored Contributor

@yock  I wonder if my tonsils are getting infected.  I still have mine and from what I understand they are on the small side.  How I know they are small is one time I was at the dentists office and a dentist (not my regular one) was there on the day of the teeth cleaning.  When the hygienist was done, dentist gropes your jaw to check for TMJ and all that.  When she asked me to open my mouth she said oh you had the surgery.  I said what surgery?  She said your tonsils removed.  I said, no I didn't.  You don't see any tonsils?  Is it possible I was born without them?

The hygienist told her - look again and concentrate.  The dentist said oh I see them, wow they are small.  When I asked the hygienist why my regular dentist never said anything to me about them she said, there's nothing to say.  Some people have small tonsils, some have large tonsils - doctor saw nothing odd with yours.

When I caught something last April (2017) it started like flu and settled in the same place.  I know my thyroid is kind of shot.  I wonder if a virus or bacteria can sense a weakness in my throat and infection settles there.

I don't know - it's weird.