Honored Contributor

Re: It's a bit chilly for March 2018 at the BACK FENCE. Brrr. Come on down!

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirlwrote:

@Bird mamawrote:

@mousiegirl  oh Michigan gets lots of snow, but not that often in April.  

@Bird mama  It's March 2, lol, not April yet.Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl

I probably should have directed the comment to viva923.  She mentioned that she didn't bring out her Easter looking clothes until April and that's when I mentioned we can sometimes get snow in April.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

I can't seem to get warm this morning for some reason. Supposed to be sunny all day but chilly. Snow doesn't move in til Monday. 

Had my my plans changed a little. Had planned to fry chicken for dinner for Natalie.  Turns out the church is havng crafts and stuff. Then showing the movie, Cocoa. My Grandson is taking Natalie.  He invited me to join them since Nat wants to sleep over afterwards. The movie starts at 5:30.   Then Tyler my other grandson said Liam and Patrick wee coming to town and he was baby sitting them.  They are coming to church also.  Should be fun.  Joe said he thought you could buy pizza slices.  Loading up my wallet. Nat eats very little but those boys love pizza.  The twins' parents are going out with my daughter and son in law to celebrate my daughter's birthday.   Tomorrow, which is Cindy's actual birthday, we are all having lunch together.  

Not exactly what I had planned but think this will be a better plan.  

Just got a text from Joe saying he was putting some donuts in a baggie for Nat for breakfast.  Hmmmm. 

well an easy gig for me for sure.  She told me she wanted to play ker plunk. That's when you put all those sticks through holes in a tube and then try to pull them out one at a time and try not to drop Marbles. It takes a little time to stick those sticks in and 2 seconds to lose your marbles. Lol.  

Honored Contributor

@yock  Betty it sounds like a fun day.  I bet you are going to be worn out though.  If you are getting snow then I better check my weather forecast to see if it might be drifting my way.  I still have snow on the grass from what we got on Thursday.  Wouldn't you know, I have to make a trip to 'my niece in the woods' house today.  Last time I went in January, I took a different route.  Sure, there are some hills, but not as bad as the first route I tried last Christmas Eve.

Today is my eldest great niece's 7th birthday.  It's nice that we will all be celebrating on the actual day.

Esteemed Contributor

Chilly here, but the sun is shining and that helps so much.  I put peanuts on the back porch almost every day for a squrriel, but today I saw a pair of blue jays stealing them.  There is a pair of cardinals that come around and I don't mind them.  Hope the jays don't scare them away.

I crashed my car last Sat and am still healing from bruises.  Just don't heal like when you're younger.  So thankful that's the only thing wrong.  Life goes on. 

I will be so glad when it gets warmer out.

Honored Contributor

ooh @Patriot3  I'm sorry that you got into a car accident.  I'm glad that you didn't break anything.  Can the car be fixed?  

I learned about Blue Jays liking peanuts a couple of years ago when I went to war with them because they were going after the baby sparrows in the bird house.  I wrote Cornell University Ornithology people to find out how to rid my yard of Jays.  

We reached a compromise when I started tossing some extra peanuts in the yard, far away from the birdhouse.

Respected Contributor

Guess the time sure got by me quickly. I first went to February and thought it was so weird I had not been here since a week ago. LOL Then noticed I was on the February thread - what a jerk I can be on occasion.

Birds eating up the food very quickly yet still there are not a ton I see visiting. Do see one of Don's cats, however, sitting out under one tree which has an open flat feeder AND a large enclosed feeder. That dumb cat is trying but so far has not succeeded in getting a bird. Don is upset his cat will not stay at home - they use to NEVER leave his yard - they sure do now. Wonder why other than perhaps he may have just way too many meows over there now.

I too am upset but that cat has had its problems - just hope he does not ever get to what his goal is. He will be in big trouble. Yes, I know about nature, etc but not at my house. Hmn.

It is bitter cold. The temps do not show that but everyone I have talked to is complaining like crazy on how very cold they are. This house is still super cold and the heat has been up and running for almost an hour and a half. Weird.

Little girls is still asleep so I need to fix myself up for church so when she decides to roll I can tend to her. LOL. Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred  I feel the same way about the hawk in my neighborhood.  I know it wants and needs to eat other birds however that doesn't stop me from chasing it out of my yard with a broom.  My neighbors are used to my bizarre behavior, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Patriot I'm sorry you had a car crash. Glad you're ok except for bruises.  

We went to the church free show Cocoa and my twin great grandsons joined us.  It is a Disney movie but about family and life and death. The kid somehow got in zombie land when he ran away.  Found his dad and solved a murder. I thought it was a weird movie and especially at church. The kids loved it and all three of them had seen it before. Getting close to the end, the air powered screen popped. I didn't know what was going on. The kids told me that wasn't part of the movie and proceeded to give me three different endings and assured me they were happy endings They couldn't patch the screen so projected it on the screens where music and announcements are made. Weird seeing zombies on each side of the cross.  Everyone was eating popcorn and having a fun time. 

Before the movie they had craft tables set up and you could go from table to table. One you posted stickers on a paper frame then could go over and get an iPad picture which they printed off and put in the frame.  Or you could have a music touch and play from stepping on notes or patting on plastic buckets.  The most popular was the piñata.   When ever they strung up s new one over the basketball hoop, all the kids rushed to the spot. Everyone got three strikes.  When it would finally break, they scrambled for the yo-yos and little slinky and some candies.  Then we went to kitchen and had a slice of pizza for a buck. By then it was time for the free movie and free popcorn and bottled water.  A very cheap late afternoon.  

We met my daughter and all the kids parents for lunch today. The kids were all excited about the screen popping and the piñata prizes.   

Our daughter turned 58 today. I told her she had finally passsed me lol.  The day she was born we had snow up to our noses and merle left me standing in labor beside our Studebaker while  he ran to find insurance papers in the house.  What a couple of green kids.  

Honored Contributor

Your description of the movie had me laughing Betty @yock.

Zombies on either side of the cross had me howling.  The story plays on the Day of the Dead holiday and I would like to see it.

Sounds like the kids had a good time.

Honored Contributor

Holy Moses, I can't believe it's been two days since I was at the Back Fence.

Work has been crazy.  Today I worked 12 hours and I am stupid tired right now.

We are in different time zones, so I'm leaving a lemon pound cake.  Have some with tea or coffee while watching TV or have a slice in the morning for breakfast, lol.  Personally I can both ways :-)

Image result for lemon pound cake