Respected Contributor

It's a bit chilly for March 2018 at the BACK FENCE. Brrr. Come on down!

We are starting off March a tad chilly - More birds have been coming out lately to say hello and are eating very well. Am leaving some of those great cinnamon raisin bagels and of course there is coffee and hot tea. So come on by and join us. The Fence has been shored up and we have some Lilies of the Valley nodding their heads and saying hello. Very pretty. Also some roses - in all this cold and frigid weather out here in Sou Cal - are blooming like crazy.

Other day I did re-wrap some of the water pipes. ALWAYS have kept them wrapped at ground level but put some new stuff around them - especially the two that stand a good 3 feet above ground. Never have had a pipe freeze and I think it is because my Dad did a good job on telling me to ALWAYS keep them wrapped - regardless of the weather. Worked for him and it seems to be working for me.

Today may bring some more snow flakes and or frigid rain. Good thing we also have some of those big umbrellas to help protect us and also some space heaters. We always enjoy each other's company.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

It's a bit chilly for March 2018 at the BACK FENCE. Brrr. Come on down!

Freddie @Winifred  Thank you for shoring up the back fence for us.

It's snowing outside my window right now, lol.  Even if we get the couple of inches of snow that is forecasted for the day, it won't last long as it's been in the 50's lately.

I had hoped to run over to my BoRics to get a haircut today and am glad I called ahead of time.  My stylist is off today and is working midday only tomorrow (when I am downtown on site at work).  Guess I will cram a haircut in on Saturday before I head to my 'niece in the woods' house for my eldest great niece Zoe's 7th birthday.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: It's a bit chilly for March 2018 at the BACK FENCE. Brrr. Come on down!

I was amazed when I. Looked out the window a while ago and saw snowflakes--big ones.  Our home show started at the Coliseum today so I shouldn't have been surprised.  The Coliseum looks like Spri g but you have to wade snow to get there.  

natalue told me she wanted to do a sleepover SAturday so I'm washing bedding. I tell you I just hate making that Ned. I feel like I walk a million mikes and it is only queen size. The mattress is so heavy.  Or maybe I'm just weak. But you'd think by now I'd figure out a way to make it easier.  At least I have a bed.  But I sure wish I had my twin set back.  

Honored Contributor

it is a tad chilly for march. a nor'easter is moving in here. birds are coming out more and more but NO robins yet in my area.

this storm will begin as rain but end with snow. 

wonder what Easter will bring this year??. Some years we have storms and snow. I never wear good easter outfits till mid to end of april.

Honored Contributor

@viva923  We've had snow in April here in SE Michigan.  It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. 

Trusted Contributor

I have lived in Virginia for almost 49years and I have NEVER heard such wind as we got last night and into today. We were asleep and were awakened with what sounded like a train in the bedroom. I knew we were to get some wind,but I thought for sure it was a tornado,even tho I have never heard one. There is stuff,mostly ranches all over.my DH had Togo out early for blood work and said he could hardly walk from the car to the building. 

Hope this ends soon.

Honored Contributor

I completely missed last month, so will be catching up now that I found the thread again.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mamawrote:

@viva923  We've had snow in April here in SE Michigan.  It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. 

@Bird mama  Michigan doesn't usually have snow?  I didn't know that.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  oh Michigan gets lots of snow, but not that often in April.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mamawrote:

@mousiegirl  oh Michigan gets lots of snow, but not that often in April.  

@Bird mama  It's March 2, lol, not April yet.Smiley Happy