Honored Contributor

Re: It's a bit chilly for March 2018 at the BACK FENCE. Brrr. Come on down!

@Winifredwrote:

We never have gotten all the rain and storming we were suppose to have yesterday. It was everywhere but here. Geesh. Did not miss all the extra water and believe it or not it was not real cold. Weird. We shall see what today brings.Am having real problems with Davey and I feel so bad about it as I thought he was turning the corner on some things. Told him last night he had to walk the trash containers around the house instead of thru the carport because of my temporary tarp door there. His DAD screwed it up  and it has to be fixed - guess I will have to hire someone to do it but right now we simply walk around. No big deal. He refused and cursed at me and just walked right through and pulled some of the tarp down. I was floored. I think I am calling his  Dad today and telling him Davey has to go so either he or Davey's Mother - Shannon - will have to start taking care of him. Neither can nor will do it - should be interesting. I am not feeling on top of the world and I cannot deal with that also. I have tried to get Davey in for counseling but he refuses to go. He is tons overweight and I cannot help him on that as he eats anything he sees. I will get it figured out but was so upset over how he spoke with me yesterday and the fact he did not fix his own mess he made. Do not want to hear that a lot of his behavior is a by typical boy. just will not buy it.

Birds got feeders filled yesterday however and speaking of energy. LOL no Betty, I have not gotten the concentrator to take with me. Cannot understand what is going on with today's medicine but am hearing it ain't just me. How very sad.

TEmps suppose to drop today - we will see if that happens. I could swear it is near April - this is too cold now for the end of March. Sigh.

Have a great day everyone - am leaving some very good coffee and rolls. Dig in.

@Winifred  Davey should have gone long ago, as he never appreciated your kindness and care.  I hope this is resolved quickly.

Honored Contributor

Thinking of you today @Winifred on Charlotte's birthday

In Memory Of A Life So Beautifully Lived Candle Holder   -

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hey Back Fencers - how goes the weekend?  It's been sunny and cold in my neck of the woods.  No rain, no snow, no complaints :-)

Short of doing laundry and the usual, it's been a lazy weekend.  I did a little online shopping at Amazon yesterday and JCP today. 

Four more days and I am retired.  I work from home Mon and Tues and will be onsite Wed and Thurs.

Trusted Contributor

Wont be long  now, Birfmama.  We are to get rain the rest of the week. 

My cousin in law died Sunday nite.  He had a hernia behind his stomach so needed surgery.  He has trouble waking up but was trying. Too much agitation for his body so had to be paralyzed to give him a chance. Also kidneys failed.  Such a nice guy. Loved mushroom hunting and anything outdoors.  My cousin, his wife, has lost her father, mother, sister, son and now her husband.  She has the most wonderful outlook on life fir what's she's been through.  A modern day Job for sure. 

We head south on Thursday.  Will call at funeral home first. Tonight was mani/pedi night at salon. I wanted just my time so went this afternoon and then went back to cheer the rest of them on.   Interesting to watch the colors and styles. Nat, our youngest Great chose metallic with a sun on the big toes.   My daughter, age over 50, chose red with a Minnie Mouse bow. Lol.   I was boring, just took a regular French so my nails would look white on the ends.  

Then we went across the street to Pizza Hut.   We probably won't see each other again til Saturday.  My school teacher grands are so ready for this.   Students have already gone on vacation  in their minds.  They have to attend til Thursday.  

I am am so ready to see sun.   My toe joint has decided to swell up so am hobbling around.  The gal who worked on my nails was helpful as she tried to get my toes straight.  

Our lawn is boggy.  It's like walking on a sponge.  Lots of cleanup to do out there but it will need to wait I'm sure the neighbors will be glad to see those leaves removed. Me too.  

Honored Contributor

Hi Betty @yock  I'm sorry that you lost a cousin in-law, especially the way you lost him.  I'll say prayers for your cousin (his wife).  I went through alot of loss in a couple of years and when I look back I'm amazed I was able to function, drive a car and hold down a job.

I always say it's because as women "We do".  It's like programmed in our DNA or something to get up and keep moving.  

It's raining here.  Not really hard or anything.  One of the reasons I'm not crazy about Spring - it's sloppy and soggy.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

278010E7-E8AC-4F6F-A4E1-FA36A3BC5FA4.gif

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Hello back fencers, you officially have a new retiree at the fence.  The week went fine, my little gathering/party in the conference room yesterday was wonderful, today was quiet at work.  I was happy, relaxed and never shed a tear.

When I filled out that stupid paperwork, I said that I claimed myself as an exemption and wanted the bank to take out federal and state taxes in accordance with federal and state law.  I didn't want the aggravation of estimating that mess myself.

So today I get a letter from the bank in Boston that administers the pension.  I get a remittance advice that shows gross, fed and state tax withheld and what my monthly check will be.  The letter includes a W4-P (?) and text that says, you probably filled out this paperwork when you filed for retirement.  Look at the federal and state tax and if correct, you don't have to do anything.

Ummmm, I worked for a health insurance company, not the IRS.  Glad my birds don't repeat my words because after I read the letter I started a sentence with I'll be a son of a .......... 

I checked some IRS and State of MI tax calculators and it looks like the bank is in the general area.  Actually because my company used the 2017 tax schedules until March and the 2018 personal exemption is really high now, the feds might owe me money next year, lol.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations  Birdmama - and be prepared to work doing whatever much harder than you ever did at your paying job. LOL Seriously, enjoy!!!

Been running around like crazy today - and tomorrow should be about as hectic. I think I am just way too old and while I enjoy the Easter  Season very much, I do NOT like all the activity surrounding it however I would love to have someone cook a good meal, go to church and then take a nap - will never happen in this house - Oh well.

She little ones are going to Sherry's daughters home - she has a little adopted girl - for Easter. So have their Easter basket, other Easter goodies, gummy bears, baskets of course. 3 dozen eggs for someone else to do, confetti fun eggs??????? Easter Lily as a thank you to Sherry and Matt and a couple other things . Nope, I ain't going to the Easter Egg hunt. Am suggesting that Davey's Dad do something with him and I will simply go to church, come home and eat a ham sandwich. LOL

Hope all had a great day!!

Trusted Contributor

congratulations Birdmama. May you have many,many happy years  of retirement!! Know you said you'd like to find something part time,but first enjoy freedom for a while.you deserve it. When vin retired from the govt. he stopped working on a Friday and started his new job on Monday.after many years he retired from that job and was sooo bored he didn't know what to do. Lo and behold that co. Called him up and offered him a new position they came up with,with a big pay raise,big enough that he couldn't refuse.finally he retired again .he volunteers three days a week,just enough ti give him something to do,but enough days to do things around the house 

Honored Contributor

This is probably the coldest Good Friday I do recall.  It's 47 out on my thermostat, and lthe heat is on in here.