Respected Contributor

It's National Pay a Compliment day !

From National Today.com

Pay a Compliment Day is every year on February 6. Nothing cheers a person up quite like hearing someone say something nice about you. It’s time to return the favor on Pay a Compliment Day and although we shouldn’t need a special day to show our appreciation, most of us need a little nudge, right? We’ve often walked away from interactions wishing we had said what was in our hearts. “Will I embarrass myself?” “Is it appropriate?” All questions that plague what should be a simple articulation of the heart. Let’s redeem ourselves on Pay a Compliment Day.  

So compliments to all of the nice people I have come across on this forum.  I can always come here and find interesting topics to read. Thanks and have a blessed rest of your day ! 

Honored Contributor

Re: It's National Pay a Compliment day !

@Goodie2shoes @Thank you for being nice enough to let us know about this. 

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  My compliments on your compliments!  😀

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

From National Today.com

Pay a Compliment Day is every year on February 6. Nothing cheers a person up quite like hearing someone say something nice about you. It’s time to return the favor on Pay a Compliment Day and although we shouldn’t need a special day to show our appreciation, most of us need a little nudge, right? We’ve often walked away from interactions wishing we had said what was in our hearts. “Will I embarrass myself?” “Is it appropriate?” All questions that plague what should be a simple articulation of the heart. Let’s redeem ourselves on Pay a Compliment Day.  

So compliments to all of the nice people I have come across on this forum.  I can always come here and find interesting topics to read. Thanks and have a blessed rest of your day ! 

@Goodie2shoes  Thank you for this reminder!  And like Christmas, Hannukah and other holidays it's fun to extend good cheer whenever we can.  I came late to the notice that it was today but had lots of fun with "strangers" today at the post office and grocery store. Sounds schmaltzy but I think we're all connected someway, whether we've met before or not.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123   Doesn't sound "schmaltzy" at all.  

@rockygems123 wrote:
@Goodie2shoes  Thank you for this reminder!  And like Christmas, Hannukah and other holidays it's fun to extend good cheer whenever we can.  I came late to the notice that it was today but had lots of fun with "strangers" today at the post office and grocery store. Sounds schmaltzy but I think we're all connected someway, whether we've met before or not.

Honored Contributor

That makes me remember a saying about, "you might be the only person in another person's life, that something kind was said to them."  Think about that. Talk about leaving your mark on someone.  You might be the one bright light in someone else's sad life.

It costs nothing to be kind.

Love to all this day, you are appreciated.

Honored Contributor

I did without knowing today.  I try making people's day better.