Honored Contributor

Re: It's A Winter Wonderland

@lulutoby @Sassy7356 @possummink @Tissyanne @Puddles @hullie 

Image result for hugs and prayers my friend

((((((Hugs)))))) and God's healing for you and yours.  I love you all.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Ed and I returned to our retirement community's coffee klatch this morning and I'm so glad we did.  This is a small group of wonderful, caring people who enjoy each other's company and stories every Saturday morning.  Heart  Today's goodies included lemon bars (one of our favorites), cookies, a collection of fresh fruit and, of course, coffee and tea. 

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday Friends,

I just opened up this beautiful Winter Wonderland forum, and am amazed at the outstanding pictures here this morning. 

Simply beautiful, as all of you are. 

Enjoy the day. 

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

@mousiegirl and @hullie 

Mousie and Hullie,  I sure can identify with being a loner.   I used to go to so many social thingys and host every big holiday feast, plus big  bar b ques in the warmer months etc.   I got kind of burned out and when Charlie died,  some 'friends' kind of melted away and stopped communicating altogether.  I guess it bothered me a bit, but the truth is I enjoy being by myself too.   I always find something to do and am seldom lonely.  Of course I do miss Charlie,  we did everything together almost, except for watching boxing,  which he loved and I didn't.    It took a while to adjust to him not being with me.   

I do miss the big holiday cooking times, especially Thanksgiving, my favorite.  After that wonderful day,  I started baking, baking and baking for Christmas along with candy making, and decorating.   All good memories now, but missed a bit. Cat LOL

I too try to arrange all appointments for early afternoons.  I don't do mornings very much any more.  When I was a kid,  up early and the same for when I worked and then when the kids were little.  Now I stay up late and sleep late.  Sometimes I have to get up early and Monday is one of those days,  I have a bone density test at 11,  meaning I need to get up at about 9 am.  to putter around getting ready and leaving home at about 10:15 to make it to the hospital on time.   Probably an afternoon nap will be in order. Cat Very Happy

@possummink   Even with just the two of us, I still cook on Thanksgiving everything I always did, as I look at leftovers as nights I don't have to cook.  I remember the months of baking also, but only do a little now.  I also remember the huge parties I would give, inside and out, amazing what young people can do, lol, I was the energizer bunny, up early, to sleep late, and felt great, this is what I begrudge more than anything at this age, not having great days every day, so when I have one, I try to accomplish as much as I can, but unless I am pushed, as at Christmas, I do take my time, so not as much gets done on some days as should.

Being an only child with a working Mother, I grew up being alone most of the time, and as an adult the same, which is why I was so worried about DH working from home, but it has been going smoothly, thank goodness.  Now, if he were working upstairs, I don't think that would work at all, so if we move, he will have to have a separate wing far removed from the main house, lol, I can dream.

When DD was riding and I was the runner, there would be nights I didn't sleep much at all, still had to get up at 4:00am to be there by 6:00am, and for away shows 5:00am, but because I was outside all day, it didn't bother me, inside I would have been a mess and napping.

Honored Contributor

Lyrics:  "It's a Small World"

"...It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears

There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

It's a small, small world

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone

Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide

It's a small, small world..."

~~~~~ Some years ago we went to Disney World to celebrate a very special birthday.   It was Ed's mother's 80th birthday.  We rode the "small world" boat ride ... and sang this song all the way home from Florida to Pennsylvania.  Such fond memories.  ~~~~~   Heart

Trusted Contributor

@possummink wrote:

Image may contain: cat

@possummink 

The most adorable 

pictures, I want to curl up with them!

Honored Contributor

Image result for sundog rainbow images

Vertical rainbow, a rare phenomenon

As we returned to our home from Nelson's celebration of life service and burial this is what we saw as we turned into our street.  It was not raining; in fact, Monday was a beautiful sun-filled but cool day.  We were in awe and saw the vertical rainbow as a sign and promise from God.  It was so brilliantly defined,  and lasted for nearly ten minutes as we stood and watched it fade.  Seeing this rare phenomenon gave us a feeling of peace, tranquility and hope. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

lazyday for me

chores done

no walk on saturday

have clothes to fold.

ok guys later

Trusted Contributor

@AnikaBrodie 

Your breakfast goodies sound yummy! I don't have much of a sweet tooth, thank goodness or I wouldn't fit in my growing sized swim suit, but I love lemon bars too. Glad you and your husband are up and about.

@mousiegirl @possummink 

Acquaintances sometime make me feel that there is something wrong with me wanting to stay home rather than do a group thing. I think I have gotten stronger in doing what makes me happy and not worrying about what others think. Just sitting on my deck watching the sun set on the lake is a special moment. Love the summer, sometimes I don't get to my shower after swimming until I have a drink and watch the night come. Oh Possummink my lake levels have not gone down either, hate to think what it's going to look like this spring if it is a wet one. The land end of my dock is still covered in water, ice now, so that is worrisome.

well need to get ready for weekly game night, just might be able to hold cards again. 

@Tissyanne 

Thinking of you everyday, sending 🥰 to you and admire your strength and positivity.