Re: It's A Winter Wonderland

Beautiful rat terrier puppy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulutoby wrote:

Image may contain: plant and flower

@lulutoby   This is beautiful!  I never thought of this color theme for Easter, but will for next year.  This year is coral, peachy, pink, and some white, another color I hadn't thought of but due to receiving some faux florals described as pink and were actually coral, rosey, peachy, pink colors, those colors became the colors for this Easter, and they are gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

Snowdrops: There are over 240 varieties at the National Trust's Anglesey Abbey (Lode Cambridgeshire). You can learn all about them on a guided walk.

I have big clusters of Snow Drops blooming all over the yard.   Hope to  start some more clumps a bit later,   after the blooming has ended.   This picture is not of my plants.  Will try to get some photos of mine. 

@possummink   I broke down yesterday and bought a truck load of all sorts of daffodils to be planted in the Fall.  Google says gophers do not eat these, but I will plant some of each in large pots just to be safe.  I have clumps of a type all over which I planted twenty or so years ago, very fragrant, can never remember the name, but here is a picture.

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor, nature and water

The first case of Corona Virus was diagnosed at Mercy Hospital where my daughter works, on Saturday.   The 20 year old woman who has it was visiting in Italy and came home, didn't feel well and got tested Friday.  She and her family were supposed to self quarantine but on Saturday her younger sister and dad went to a Father Daughter dance and one of the big hotels here in the county.   Now two schools are shut down and there are warnings for all of us to be very careful .  My family wants me to stay home, but that's not going to happen,  My brother,  yes.  I have to do the shopping, church, etc.   

More cases are suspected now and even in my daughter's county, across the Missouri.   Most of the big hospitals and our doctors are here in St. Louis County and city.   There are quite a few satellite hospitals in St. Charles County though.    It sure didn't take long for this sinister virus to make it's way into the heartland and whole country.   I know the flu kills thousands of our citizens each year, but I am not afraid of the flu, this virus though,  is scary and ?????

@possummink   It is now in San Francisco, and in a county on the peninsula, scary.  I worry about DH at the gym, and then bringing it home to me.  He is out every day, I am out maybe once or twice a month.  I have to take Remmy to the vet today, suspect arthritis in his back or hips as he can't jump any longer, and yelps every so often, only eight years old, and received a call that my vet is ill, hope it is not the virus, so will see another vet.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hey all

spring clean hasbegun for me. drapes washed dried and folded

dd called belle has to be put down today,she took a turn for the worse overnight. dd is so upset.

showery weather. got to get my walk in.

ok guys will check in later.

Respected Contributor

@viva923  So sorry to hear about your DD's dog.They are so special to us and it's so hard when they leave us.How nice to send her flowers.Every little bit helps.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

spring clean hasbegun for me. drapes washed dried and folded

dd called belle has to be put down today,she took a turn for the worse overnight. dd is so upset.

showery weather. got to get my walk in.

ok guys will check in later.

@viva923 

Viva,  I am so sorry about your daughter's sweet pup,  Belle.   I know the hurt and sense of loss is awful for her,  but she's doing the most loving thing for Belle.   I hope she can find some comfort in that fact plus remembering  the happy times they had.   Hugs to all of you, it's not easy, I know,  but your kindness and support will help her cope with her sadness and loss of Belle. Smiley Sad 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puddles wrote:

@LIG1   It's been a nice day here and also in the 60's. We had thought about going home tomorrow, but my brother got such a sad look on his face when we mentioned it that we've decided to stay until Wednesday. We need to get home to stock up since the virus has hit Katy, but luckily not in our direct area yet. Ian has a doctor appointment on Thursday, so sadly we must go home.

Sending prayers to your area and prayers that it doesn't hit close to you!

Love you! 

@Puddles, thank you soooo much for the precious westiepic, it's so very sweet and I love it so much that I've saved myself a copy.

I'm actually so happy to hear that you and Ian decided to stay over an extra day and I'm sure your brother must have been overjoyedHeartto have another day with you all. Bless his heart, he's really going to miss you both, but the good news is that Easter isn't too far away so he can start counting the days until you and Ian return.

((All the best)) to Ian on Thursday for his doctor's appointment. I hope he can get in and out as quickly as possible and especially without picking up a bug of any kind.

((Sending up prayers for your safe travels tomorrow))

Love you

Esteemed Contributor

@Puddles wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@LIG1   My brother has this picture framed in the bedroom we use when we visit him.

Turma do Pooh

Wow, how very sweet of your brother @Puddles. It really is such a special picture.