Honored Contributor

Re: It's A Matter Of Opinion!!!

[ Edited ]

Given the fact that it's less than 2 ounces that would be a family of just me!

I know it's all about portion control but when you look at how many servings are in something or what a serving size should be, you have to wonder what planet are they living on cause it's not the same I live on!

Super Contributor

I just bought 8 "Share Size" bags this morning.  It says 3 servings per container.  Bag is 2.80 oz.  I'm not sharing with anyone.  They can buy their own bags.  I'm glad to see that  most of the previous posters think the way I do.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee   Your husband is a hoot.  There have been times that over the course of a day or two I could consume that size on my own, which is why I try to avoid having candy in the house very often.  

I have much better control over baked goods than candy--especially that kind; after all the pieces are soooo small!

Great, now I'm craving them.  I'll go get some peanut butter to put on crackers instead.

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@ECBG   looks like a snack size to me!

@CAcableGirl2 Honey, "snack size" to me has to be brought in by a wheel barrow!!!

Image result for woman with a wheel barrow

Trusted Contributor

This is the family size but I could do a lot of damage to this.

81KYkxsPQEL__SY355_.jpg

Honored Contributor

My sister sent me into CVS last week with a list and one of the items was M&Ms hazelnut flavor.  They didn't have them, so I bought a bag of plain and a bag of caramel....the zip close feature was nice.  ( that means you're not supposed to eat the whole bag in one sitting) Woman Happy

They were two bags for $6 on sale.  Kinda expensive for just M&Ms, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@ECBG 

Bests me, been decades since I bought a bag. It says 1.69oz., but without seeing an actual bag?  How many ounces are in their regular(if there is such a thing) size 1 person(?) size bag?

hckynut

@hckynut It holds 56 pieces.  The number of servings according to anyone walking is ONE!!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

For plain milk chocolate M&Ms 28 pieces is a 1 oz single serving with 142 calories.

i used to work with a lady who lost 100 lb years earlier and was maintaining her weight.  She would buy a small one serving size bag from the vending machine at work, dump them out and only eat the color that there were less of and give the rest away.  She did that almost everyday.

There was a guy who was like a vulture waiting for her to hand over the almost full bag to him.

And  then there was a lady who would not eat the green ones. She said they would make her " too frisky."  

Super Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

For plain milk chocolate M&Ms 28 pieces is a 1 oz single serving with 142 calories.

i used to work with a lady who lost 100 lb years earlier and was maintaining her weight.  She would buy a small one serving size bag from the vending machine at work, dump them out and only eat the color that there were less of and give the rest away.  She did that almost everyday.

There was a guy who was like a vulture waiting for her to hand over the almost full bag to him.

And  then there was a lady who would not eat the green ones. She said they would make her " too frisky."  

@Carmie 

That's pretty funny about the green ones! Lol! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@AuberriJean   There is an urban legend that said the candy company was fined because the added an aphrodisiac to the green dye.

You can read about it on the internet if you are interested.  I doubt it is/was true, but some people apparently believed it.