Respected Contributor

I'm in PA and it's 13 right now. Supposed to go down to 5 tonight but not sure what the wind chill is to be. Tomorrow evening, snow, changing to rain, sleet and freezing rain and windy.

Trusted Contributor

It is startling when that frigid cold air hits any exposed skin.  Be careful because it can be very cold on your lungs, too.  I always pull my scarf up, but I guess a mask does the same thing.  UGH.

Stay warm and safe everyone!!   

Honored Contributor

We had 15 below this morning.  New record for this year.  Thank goodness my shopping is done, I have a rule I won't leave the house if it gets below zero.  

Honored Contributor

It's winter, cold happens.

Respected Contributor

Even in central TX, the norther arriving this morning has brought intense 50mph wind gusts. There are 21,000 without power right now from downed lines. There may be more, since this is likely to go on for several more hours. It's not cold though, at 50, except for the wind chill factor. Expect a light freeze tonight.

I don't know how you folks with temps in single digits, or teens, let alone minus degrees cope with it. Someone would have to teach me how to survive. Otherwise, I wouldn't make it through the first winter. 

Esteemed Contributor

I honestly can't even imagine temperatures that cold, nor do I want to. Thank goodness that some of you have whole house generators. I have no idea how expensive those are but it sounds like something that all should invest in if it's within their budget.

I am in Southern California our low today 47 degrees with a high of 67. My biggest decision when going to run errands shortly will be shorts or pants. I think I am going to go for the pants, with boots. Yes, I know some of you probably want to throw something at my head right now. 

Honored Contributor

It doesn't do much good to tell us how cold it is where you are unless you mention your location.  If you're in Nome, Akaska, its not very impressive; if you're in Nashville, it is.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I honestly can't even imagine temperatures that cold, nor do I want to. Thank goodness that some of you have whole house generators. I have no idea how expensive those are but it sounds like something that all should invest in if it's within their budget.

I am in Southern California our low today 47 degrees with a high of 67. My biggest decision when going to run errands shortly will be shorts or pants. I think I am going to go for the pants, with boots. Yes, I know some of you probably want to throw something at my head right now. 

@icezeus  Not at all. No throwing. I have lived where it's warm all year round. It's not my cup of tea. I enjoy four seasons and won't be moving anywhere else.