Honored Contributor

Is your cat toilet trained?

[ Edited ]

Here I am wandering around Amazon looking for a wood grain toilet seat.  Of course I'm reading the reviews because buying one of these is more detailed than I ever imagined.  I stumbled on this question from someone toilet training their cat. She needed a flat surface so the cat would have good footing and not slip.  I was laughing so hard I didn't bother to check for answers.  So, is this practice more common than I thought? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is your cat toilet trained?

I can't imagine toilet training a cat.  It wouldn't be natural for them to not bury their urine and feces.  I don't mind scooping the litter box every day.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Our Siamese cat trained herself.  She would always run to the bathroom with us.  You could NOT get in there without her no matter how you tried.  She would sit in front of you and stare at you.

One day there she was, sitting on the seat p'ing in the water.  She would scratch around the rim of the toilet seat and hop down, satisfied with herself.   We did not teach her.  She did that but used the litter box as well.

Honored Contributor

Oops, I forgot we had a pet forum.  Sooner has a genius cat.

Honored Contributor

I've seen pictures, but never knew a cat who could do that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass 

Well! We have been owned by more than 30 felines, but toilet trained? Never tried and doubt I would be successful. They all know where to do their thing(all indoor only), but like men, occasionally their aim is a little off.

=^..^=

hckynut🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

LOL @hckynut 

Esteemed Contributor

HRe: Is your cat toilet trained?

[ Edited ]

Many years ago I had  friend who toilet trainer her cat.  It was very strange (when visiting overnite) to wake up to cat business in toilet.  I think the cat was Siamese.

Honored Contributor

Nope.  The only "trick" she does, is she flicks the light switch on and off.  She hops up on the desk.  The switch on eye level to her and she just does it.  She started doing it by herself. Uses her paw.

Valued Contributor

The only thing my cat does on the toilet is drink from it.   Cat Tongue