Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is there something fishy with the Covid numbers?

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Lovemymaltese wrote:

It's not ridicious ID2.  Follow the money.  More COVID19=more money for your state.

@Lovemymaltese, prove it. Prove that states are padding their numbers in order to get money. I have not heard even a whiff of what would be a scandal of immense proportions and would deserve a Pulitzer.

As for the poster who agreed and said that padding the numbers increases fears and thus gives the government more control over us... well, I have no argument against that because such paranoia simply can't be reasoned with.

@suzyQ3  True. Reason left the building awhile ago,along with science.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I suspect the data are open to interpretation in many ways, and I also believe that while the toll is unacceptably high, it is possibly inflated in a number of ways, and yes, I also believe that in some instances there MIGHT, in fact, be some sort of agenda or agendas afoot to focus on a higher count among certain of those doing the counting and the reporting...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

In my state, the statistics EXclude the thousands of employees from meat packing plants that have covid because the governor thinks it makes our stats look bad.  

I'd rather have the truth than some blowhardy garbage. 

@CalminHeart 

🙃

Could there be an agenda for keeping the numbers lower,

down where we ‘like’ them?  

🤔 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

The part that bothers me is.............how many who have passed, possibly from other things, are being counted as those who passed from the virus.  Is this being taken into some sort of an account?  I'm not sure.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

The part that bothers me is.............how many who have passed, possibly from other things, are being counted as those who passed from the virus.  Is this being taken into some sort of an account?  I'm not sure.

@qualitygal, yes, there is a protocal. @pitdakota, can explain it best. But basically, if one has the virus and succumbs, that is the cause of death, regardless of any underlying conditions that may have increased the seriousness of the disease.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

You prove that it's NOT true... 

Honored Contributor

What is the point of such a thread or speculation?

It must be something to think about for those who have not had someone die from this virus?

I just don't know.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

The numbers come in at different days one day they said less then next day it went up fast. Takes a few days for the numbers to come up. It's hard for the numbers to come up at the same time.

Respected Contributor

I haven't read all the threads, but I believe that the numbers are very fishy: they should be HIGHER. I don't believe there's an official reporting system;

Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I haven't read all the threads, but I believe that the numbers are very fishy: they should be HIGHER. I don't believe there's an official reporting system;

Considering the few that have been tested they numbers are much higher.  Deaths are not being reported. States that want money and are getting money dont 'have the highest numbers because the top of the food chain does not want this to look worse than it is.  Deaths have at least a 3 day lag in getting reported.