Honored Contributor

Re: Is there something fishy with the Covid numbers?

In my state, the statistics EXclude the thousands of employees from meat packing plants that have covid because the governor thinks it makes our stats look bad.  

I'd rather have the truth than some blowhardy garbage. 

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

In my state, the statistics EXclude the thousands of employees from meat packing plants that have covid because the governor thinks it makes our stats look bad.  

Is this the issue in Nebraska? The numbers aren't being excluding they just are reporting where the numbers come from. Makes sense since there isn't a breakdown for any other buisness. 

Esteemed Contributor

We need the truth. Happy talk and conspiracy theories will only add to our woes.  There's a reason why Dr. Fauci and Gov. Cuomo are so respected. People know who's telling them what's real.

Honored Contributor

(thread title)

To me? Very!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Lovemymaltese wrote:

It's not ridicious ID2.  Follow the money.  More COVID19=more money for your state.

@Lovemymaltese, prove it. Prove that states are padding their numbers in order to get money. I have not heard even a whiff of what would be a scandal of immense proportions and would deserve a Pulitzer.

As for the poster who agreed and said that padding the numbers increases fears and thus gives the government more control over us... well, I have no argument against that because such paranoia simply can't be reasoned with.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I think this post was a back end way to start a conspiracy/fake news/ type discussion. 

Honored Contributor

@granddi ...........If thats what you want to think then so be it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Lovemymaltese wrote:

It's not ridicious ID2.  Follow the money.  More COVID19=more money for your state.

@Lovemymaltese, prove it. Prove that states are padding their numbers in order to get money. I have not heard even a whiff of what would be a scandal of immense proportions and would deserve a Pulitzer.

As for the poster who agreed and said that padding the numbers increases fears and thus gives the government more control over us... well, I have no argument against that because such paranoia simply can't be reasoned with.

It has been shown that states are under reporting their cases and deaths . It appears some states want to allay the fears and concerns of their citizens to lull  them into a false sense of security. We'll see what happens in a couple of weeks.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CalminHeart 

Guess 'cause we're all too stupid to realize they're REAL people too like, you know, EVERYONE else.

Showtime, and Cover up.  How will we ever feel safe when we know things are going on behind the curtain?

Makes me pizzy.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pigletsmom wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Is this the issue in Nebraska? The numbers aren't being excluding they just are reporting where the numbers come from. Makes sense since there isn't a breakdown for any other buisness. 

Next door to Nebraska.