Valued Contributor

Re: Is there a shortage on Walmart's Great Value canned pumpkin? A girl

Ive been trying to find generic canned pumpkin for weeks. It’s not anywhere. Also, Great Value unsalted canned green beans are nowhere. Both items are for our dogs and we will run out soon. I have some Libby’s canned pumpkin, but unsalted canned green beans are harder and harder to find.
Contributor

I shop at Food Lion. I usually give my dog the Food Lion Brand pumpkin, but it has not been on the shelves for a while now. I have been getting Libby's. The shortage of store brand pimpkin happens every year, but I don't remember it happening this early in the season. In the past, I have always wondered if they use their store brand pumpkin to bake up a lot of pumpkin pies and freeze them for the upcoming Thansgivig season. Just a theory.

Honored Contributor

I have never heard of this, yet three posters give canned pumpkin to their dog.  What is the story here, do they like it or is it good for them?

Valued Contributor

@msh8970 wrote:

I know has been wanting to get some for her dog for over a week now and she said it's been out of stock over a week now that she's been looking. She likes/wants the cheapie canned pure pumpkin, not any name brands nor organic...She said even her local Target and grocery store are out of stock of the generic brands...Is there a shortage..? 

I used to get my dog canned pumpkin at Aldis...it was seasonal..available in the Fall! Maybe thats whats happening at Target, etc??

Respected Contributor

WHY do people shop at Walmart? The store is gross! I have never understood this.