Super Contributor

Is there a shortage on Walmart's Great Value canned pumpkin? A girl

[ Edited ]

I know has been wanting to get some for her dog for over a week now and she said it's been out of stock over a week now that she's been looking. She likes/wants the cheapie canned pure pumpkin, not any name brands nor organic...She said even her local Target and grocery store are out of stock of the generic brands...Is there a shortage..? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a shortage on Walmart's Great Value canned pumpkin? A girl

@msh8970    I've never seen canned pumpkin at Walmart under the Great Value brand.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Tell her to look on amazon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@msh8970 

our WM is well stocked with their brand pumpkin and pie fillings BUT canned vegetables by any brand are limited.  I'm not a fan of canned vegs but they come in handy in recipes or when I don't have frozen.

I also noticed my friskies cat food selections are limited.

Honored Contributor

@msh8970    I just checked the lists from which I order my pick up groceries and they do have it...in 2 sizes, so yes, it's available

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I noticed this week at Walmart that many canned vegetables, fruits  and soups were sold out.  Unlike two weeks ago when they had plenty.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@msh8970   If she is ordering, as I have been, to box it up and ship it to her home, yes, I just checked, there isn't any Great Value showing for delivery from Walmart.  

I got some--for me--maybe five weeks back--and hadn't looked for it since.  I don't do "pickup" since I don't have a car.  I get the heavy, or bulky stuff from them via home delivery.

Just a thought--maybe she could use sweet potato as a substitute?  That also comes in cans.

When I want a particular item I look early every day until it shows up again.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

Respected Contributor

I bought some a couple of weeks ago.  But I am seeing "some" canned tomatoes shortages in the Great Value brand.  I can't buy a 14-oz. can of petite diced tomatoes nor fire-roasted tomatoes.

Esteemed Contributor

Our Walmart is not well stocked at all. Whether name brand or GV brand, it just isn't there.

Honored Contributor

I purchase the Libby's canned pumpkin puree for my dog, and for the occasional recipe for the bird or humans. 

I've found, over the last several years, that you just can't get it all year long.  I think that started with one year where, due to weather or something related, there was a shortage.

So, what I do is to buy up what I need for the year about the time Fall is beginning, and the crops come out and are canned and distributed.  I used about a can (15oz) every two weeks and once a year when I make a new batch of birdie bread for the house bird I use 2 cans for that, so it's not an exorbitant amount that clears the shelf or anything (nowhere near!).  But I don't have to worry about it from month to month.