Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a particular gift you don’t care to receive for the holidays?

I wouldn't like to receive the nose and ear hair clippers or the Poo-Pouri which I haven't seen yet this year.

Respected Contributor

Any gift would be appreciated for the thought.  Gift giving is so stressful because most people are very particular with what they like, the smell, the fit and color of clothing, household stuff...... Get me a restaurant gift card.  I don't care if it is just enought to pay the tip.  It gives me an outing and most people eat.  If I was single I would get it to go. 

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of years ago and that fish that sang and moved it's head and tail.  My FIL was a fisherman, and he had anything you could want, so he laughed about this gift and put it in his hobby area.  It was just a fun gift we could all laugh at, and served no purpose what so ever.  Kind of like that pet rock  years and years before that!!

Or the chiapet.  I probably would kill that plant too. Such a brown thumb!!! LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jo1313 wrote:

Anything scented..and clothing..

I tell my kids..we don't need or want anything..except pics of our grands!

If I was ever told that, I'm not sure how often I'd send any. So incredibly rude to essentially be told I was just the means to an end.

Respected Contributor

A Cha Cha Chia Pet........lol

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

jewelry.  I prefer to buy it.  I surely don't want pricey jewelry, I don't have any kids and my nephews won't want my stuff and I would not leave it to my husbands girls.  They don't even want any of their mother's jewels. She passed away and they don't want her things.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have to laugh.....I don't mind receiving candles and lotions at all.

No more throws.....my brother and my niece have given me about 4 throws over the last 5 years for Christmas.  I've gotten riid of all but one because it's larger and very warm.  I also don't want homemade treats, coffee mugs (I don't even drink hot drinks of any kind)  or cheap decor items from the dollar store.  I have a friend who only shops clearance and bargain bins as well as Dollar Stores....even for herself.  Every year I get things that I consider junk and usually donate them or throw them away.  One year she gave me something and it was at Goodwill by the end of the day.  I just happened to be going there that day.  She is the sweetest, most kind hearted person though and I love her dearly.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

Anything from my MIL.  I'm just an after thought for her.  I would feel less insulted if she didn't give me anything...at all...ever. 

Respected Contributor

A little yappy dog.

Honored Contributor

I do not like any gifts unless it is a gift card that I can use. I am too picky to buy for and I usually do not like what people pick out. If you need to gift.... a gift card works wonderfully. That is what I do when I gift people.