Respected Contributor

Is that love in the air? Thousands of tarantulas descend on southeast Colorado

Honored Contributor

Re: Is that love in the air? Thousands of tarantulas descend on southeast Colorado

If that link shows pictures of them, I'm not going there. 

Let's just say, I'm glad I don't live in Southeast Colorado.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Is that love in the air? Thousands of tarantulas descend on southeast Colorado

@Scooby Doo Frightining and oddly fascinating but I won’t be traveling to that area now that I am aware.

Honored Contributor

UGH!  I simply can't look!!!!  LOL!  I'm glad I live in southeastern PA!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9.  Just this evening, my sister in Pa. was telling me about a new bug that has invaded SE Pa. that builds large nests in tree and kills them.  I live in tarantula country but have never seen one except for the pet my son once kept in an aquarium.  Given a choice I'll take elusive spiders over invasive insects.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am not at all afraid of tarantulas.  They were all over the place where I grew up.  I never bothered one and they never bothered me.

Sometimes I'd get a stick or something and let them crawl on it. . . they never came after me!  LOL!!

Honored Contributor

We have some BIG ONES in Arizona....the size of dinner plates.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

When living in TX I saw one.  It was not pleasant....but a whole bunch of them.  Glad I moved.  At least you can spray for the bug in Pa.  Not so much for a bundh of tarantulas...scary.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@haddon9.  Just this evening, my sister in Pa. was telling me about a new bug that has invaded SE Pa. that builds large nests in tree and kills them.  I live in tarantula country but have never seen one except for the pet my son once kept in an aquarium.  Given a choice I'll take elusive spiders over invasive insects.

@Kachina624   I have not heard about this invasive insect.  Do you happen to know what it's called?

I really wouldn't do very well living in an area with tarantulas, scorpions, and rattle snakes!  We have a lot of deer, ducks & geese here.

Honored Contributor

I heard about this love migration on the radio and sorry but I will NEVER voluntarily watch a video about it---just makes my skin crawl. I can tolerate alot of creepy critters,--- snakes, rats, mice , bats, other bugs but not spiders of any size!!!