Respected Contributor

Re: Is it 'the world's largest shopping store'?

@chrystaltree wrote:

Amazon isn't  just a store.  Amazon does sell it's own products but Amazon is a platform in which millions of sellers sell their products.  You think of it as a marketplace where millions of sellers list their products.  So Amazon is more than a store or retailer.  QVC has shopping channels and Qvc.com all over the world and is a store or retailer so Dan is probably right but comparing Amazon to Qvc is like comparing apples to organges.   

Not really. Amazon has a marketplace, but they also keep and sell many goods themselves, whether they make them or not. Amazon is also global. Amazon is the world's largest retailer - there are articles to back that up. Before that, it was Walmart, which is also global and larger than QVC. I don't know where QVC stands on the list.

They can call themselves whatever they want, but that doesn't make it so.

Honored Contributor

Dan Hughes is the master of rampant exaggeration.  What the heck is a "shopping" store?  I thought all stores were for shopping.   I never heard of a browsing store.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

Dan Huges just made the statement on QVC that ''QVC is the world's largest shopping store''.....Is it larger than Amazon????

I'd think he's referring to all the QVCs together.

QVC UK, QVC Japan, etc.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone think Dan believes half of what he says?

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG 

Reever does.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree    QVC  operates out of seven countries.  Amazon operates out of 16 countries.